|Full name||Syracuse Football Club|
|Founded||February 8, 2017|
|Stadium||Chuck Wilbur Field|
Syracuse, New York
|General Manager||Matt Tantalo|
|Head Coach||Corey Fonseca|
|2019||East Conference: 5th|
Syracuse FC was announced as a National Premier Soccer League expansion team on February 8, 2017. On the day of the announcement, the leadership group was announced with former professional player and college men's soccer coach Jaro Zawislan serving as President and Matt Tantalo acting as both General Manager and the inaugural Head Coach. Former Major Indoor Soccer League goalkeeper Joe Papaleo would also serve as the team's Vice President and head of soccer operations.
The team played its inaugural match on May 20, 2017, at home in Onondaga Community College's David W. Murphy Field (now known as Chuck Wilbur Field) against defending NPSL National Champions AFC Cleveland. Forward Slavisa Ubiparipovic scored the first goal in team history via a penalty kick to tie the game in the 33rd minute, but Syracuse went on to drop the match, 5-1, in front of 2000 fans.
In March 2020, Syracuse was announced as an expansion side in the United Premier Soccer League, a national amateur league, with plans to begin play in the Northeast Conference's Western N.Y. Division for the 2020 Spring Season.
|Vice President/General Manager||Matt Tantalo|
|Vice President, Soccer Operations||Joe Papaleo|
|Head Coach||Corey Fonseca|
|Assistant Coach||Darek Panol|
|Assistant Coach||Dan Ramin|
Roster is correct as of May 16, 2017
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
|Year||League||Regular Season||Playoffs||U.S. Open Cup||Notes|
|2017||NPSL||7th, East Conference||Did not qualify||Ineligible|
|2018||6th, East Conference||Did not qualify||Did not qualify|
|2019||5th, East Conference||Did not qualify||Did not qualify|
|2020||Season cancelled due to COVID-19 pandemic|
- Tsujimoto, Ben. "Syracuse FC joins NPSL, FC Buffalo gives statement". The Buffalo News. Retrieved February 10, 2017.
- Tsujimoto, Ben (9 February 2017). "Syracuse FC joins NPSL, FC Buffalo gives statement". The Buffalo News. Retrieved 16 June 2020.
- "Syracuse FC Joins NPSL". National Premier Soccer League. Retrieved February 10, 2017.
- Kramer, Lindsey. "Pro soccer league expanding to Syracuse this summer". The Post-Standard. Retrieved February 10, 2017.
- Kramer, Lindsay (1 March 2017). "New pro soccer team in Syracuse announces 2017 schedule". syracuse. Retrieved 16 June 2020.
- Sacco, Mario (21 May 2017). "Syracuse FC drops first ever game in the NPSL to Cleveland 5-1". WSYR. Retrieved 16 June 2020.
- "Syracuse FC Falls to Defending NPSL National Champions AFC Cleveland in Entertaining Inaugural Match". Syracuse FC. Retrieved 16 June 2020.
- "UPSL Announces New York Expansion with Syracuse FC". alaskacityfc.com. United Premier Soccer League. Retrieved 15 June 2020.
- Prince-Wright, Joe (26 March 2020). "2020 NPSL season cancelled". ProSoccerTalk. NBC Sports. Retrieved 15 June 2020.