Swanehilde of Saxony
Swanehilde of Saxony (also Suanehild, Suanhild, Swanhild, Schwanhild or Billung, born between 945 and 955, died 26 November 1014) was Margravine of Meissen (r. 970-979 and before 1000-1014).
- Gero II (970/975 - 1015), Graf im Hassegau and Markgraf der Lausitz who died in battle against the Poles.
After Thietmar's death she remarried Ekkehard I who was murdered on 30 April 1002 in Pöhlde. They had seven children:
- Liutgard (d. 1012), married Margrave Werner of the Northern March
- Herman I, Margrave of Meissen (d. 1038), married Regelinda, daughter of King Bolesław I Chrobry of Poland
- Eckard II, Margrave of Meissen (d. 24 January 1046), married Uta, sister of Count Esico of Ballenstedt
- Gunther (d. 1025), Archbishop of Salzburg
- Eilward (d. 1023), Bishop of Meissen
- Matilda, married Dietrich II, Margrave of Lower Lusatia
- Oda (d. after 1018), married King Bolesław I Chrobry of Poland.
Swanehilde died on 26 November 1014. She was buried in the monastery of Jena and reburied after 1028 in the Church of St. George in Naumburg.