This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2021) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Sutherlandia, known as Ballonerbsen in German, is a genus of flowering plants in the family Fabaceae containing 6 known living species. The genus was once organized as having a single species, S. frutescens, but later expanded to include more based on morphological charecteristics. However, later analysis found more genetic variation between populations than between taxa.
- Sutherlandia frutescens (L.) R.Br. cancerbush, balloon pea (Australia, Botswana, Kenya, Lesotho, Mauritius, Namibia, South Africa)
- Sutherlandia humilis E.Phillips & R.A.Dyer (South Africa)
- Sutherlandia microphylla Burch (Botswana, Namibia, South Africa)
- Sutherlandia montana E.Phillips & R.A.Dyer (Lesotho, South Africa)
- Sutherlandia speciosa E.Phillips & R.A.Dyer (South Africa)
- Sutherlandia tomentosa Eckl. & Zeyh. (South Africa)
- Moshe; Bank; Bank; Wyk (1 September 1998). "Lack of genetic differentiation between 19 populations from seven taxa of Sutherlandia Tribe: Galegeae, Fabaceae". Biochemical Systematics and Ecology. 26 (6): 595–609. doi:10.1016/S0305-1978(98)00002-7.
- Wyk; Albrecht (9 Aug 2008). "A review of the taxonomy, ethnobotany, chemistry and pharmacology of Sutherlandia frutescens (Fabaceae)". Journal of Ethnopharmacology. 119 (3): 620–629. doi:10.1016/j.jep.2008.08.003. Retrieved 13 Mar 2020.