Suppression of Religious Houses Act 1539
The Suppression of Religious Houses Act 1539 (31 Hen 8 c 13), sometimes referred to as the Second Act of Dissolution or as the Act for the Dissolution of the Greater Monasteries, was an Act of the Parliament of England.
|Long title||An Acte for dissolucion of the Abbeys.|
|Citation||31 Hen 8 c 13|
|Repealed by||Statute Law (Repeals) Act 1969|
Statute Law (Repeals) Act 1989
Section 19 was repealed by section 1(1) of, and Part VIII of Schedule 1 to, the Statute Law (Repeals) Act 1989. The Law Commission and Scottish Law Commission had advised that section 19 was "spent".
- The citation of this Act by this short title was authorised by section 5 of, and Schedule 2 to, the Statute Law Revision Act 1948. Due to the repeal of those provisions, it is now authorised by section 19(2) of the Interpretation Act 1978.
- These words are printed against this Act in the second column of Schedule 2 to the Statute Law Revision Act 1948, which is headed "Title".
- Geoffrey Rudolph Elton. The Tudor Constitution: Documents and Commentary. Second Edition. Cambridge University Press. 1982. Page vii
- William John Hardy. Documents Illustrative of English Church History. Macmillan and Co Ltd. 1914. Page 281.
- Carr, Dorothy. The Reformation in England: To the Accession of Elizabeth I. St Martin's Press. New York. 1968. Page vi.
- The Law Commission and the Scottish Law Commission. Statute Law Revision: Thirteenth Report. Law Com 179. SLC 117. Cm 671. HMSO. London. May 1989. Page 108.
|This article relating to law in the United Kingdom, or its constituent jurisdictions, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|