Sunday Mail (Scotland)
Front page on 10 April 2016, reporting on Scottish figures named in the Panama Papers
|Political alignment||Scottish Greens (since May 2019)|
|Circulation||145,757 (as of November 2017)|
The newspaper places a strong emphasis on family values and it is well known for its campaigning journalism and hard-hitting investigations.
In September 1999, when Editor Jim Cassidy was sacked, the paper's circulation was 767,000. Its nearest rival was the Scottish edition of the News of the World which sold around 350,000 copies at that time.
On 12 May 2019, the Sunday Mail announced its support for the Scottish Green Party in the coming EU elections, becoming the first major publication in Scotland to back the party, despite disagreeing with the Greens' pro-independence stance.
- Derek Alexander
Current news and features journalistsEdit
- Norman Silvester
- Craig McDonald
- John Ferguson (Political Editor)
- Julie-Anne Barnes
- Heather Greenaway
- Allan Bryce (Sports Editor)
Former news and features journalistsEdit
- Marion Scott
- Charles Lavery
- Andrew Gold
- Angus McLeod (political editor) 
- Russell Findlay
- Brian Lironi (political editor)
- John Nairn
- Bill Aitken
- Alex Scotland
- Steve Dinneen
- Jamie Livingstone
- Noreen Barr
- Andy Sannholm
- Suzie Cormack
- Victoria Raimes
- Archie McKay
- Nick Hunter (Assistant Editor)
- John Finlayson
- "In tomorrow's Sunday Mail, we announce our plans to back the Scottish Green Party in the upcoming European elections" Sunday Mail on Twitter. 11 May 2019. Retrieved 11 May 2019.
- "ABCs: Increased bulks help Telegraph become only UK newspaper to increase circulation in November". Press Gazette. Retrieved 5 February 2018.
- "Sunday Mail's 'secret shame'". 20 September 1999 – via The Guardian.
- "Print ABCs: Seven UK national newspapers losing print sales at more than 10 per cent year on year". Press Gazette. Retrieved 28 January 2017.
- (PDF) https://www.abc.org.uk/Certificates/48532149.pdf. Missing or empty
- Twitter, Freddy Mayhew (18 May 2017). "Print ABCs: Bulks boost Times as Trinity Mirror nationals and Scottish dailies record double-digit circulation falls".
- Twitter, Freddy Mayhew (17 August 2017). "Print ABCs: Metro only newspaper to grow distribution as all paid-for nationals lost sales in July".
- Sunday Mail backs Scottish Green Party in European elections Daily Record. 12 May 2019. Retrieved 12 May 2019.
- "Clive Sandground". Herald Scotland. 1 September 1993.
- Greenslade, Roy (10 July 2015). "Endell Laird, former Daily Record and Sunday Mail editor, dies aged 81". The Guardian.
- Young, Noel (6 May 2012). "Maxwell and all that: Could Warren Buffett more than fill his shoes?". The Drum.
- "Cox new editor at The Daily Record".
- "Allan Rennie – Speakers for Schools".
- "Sunday Mail editor steps down - Journalism News from HoldtheFrontPage".
- Mayhew, Freddy (13 October 2016). "News team merger to create seven-day operation at Sunday Mail and Daily Record puts 22 jobs at risk". Press Gazette.
- Gow, David (12 October 2014). "Angus Macleod obituary" – via The Guardian.