Suncore Photovoltaic Technology Company Limited ("Suncore") is a solar energy company that specializes in concentrator photovoltaics (CPV), an emerging photovoltaic (PV) technology. The company manufactures, develops, and finances CPV systems for ground mounted applications. Its products include CPV solar power systems, receivers, trackers and turnkey service.
|Headquarters||Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA|
|Products||Solar energy – CPV systems|
Suncore Photovoltaics Technology Co, Ltd, was founded in 2010 as a joint-venture company by Chinese LED manufacturer San'an Optoelctronics Co, Ltd and U.S. semiconductor manufacturer EMCORE Corporation. In 2013, San’an became the sole owner of Suncore by purchasing stocks from Emcore.
Suncore's manufacturing capacity is around 300 megawatts (MW) with its manufacturing facility of over 2,000,000 square feet (190,000 m2) in China. In addition to system manufacturing, Suncore also supplies the solar receiver to labs and manufacturers around the world. Suncore has a portfolio of 120 MW of CPV systems deployed worldwide, including the largest CPV power plant in Golmud, China.
- "Suncore Photovoltaic Technology Co., Ltd.: Private Company Information - Businessweek". Businessweek.com.
- "Emcore, San'an create Suncore joint venture to develop, manufacture, distribute CPV gear in China - PV-Tech". pv-tech.org.
- "Soitec, SunPower and Suncore: The Last CPV Vendors Standing". greentechmedia.com. 2014-10-29. Retrieved 2016-12-07.
- "CPV module maker Suncore acquires Israel-based ZenithSolar". semiconductor-today.com.
- "Suncore Photovoltaic Technology". crunchbase.com.
- "Soitec, SunPower and Suncore: The Last CPV Vendors Standing". greentechmedia.com.