Sultan Qaboos Prize for Environmental Preservation
The Sultan Qaboos Prize for Environmental Preservation is a biennial award sponsored by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) and the Sultan Qaboos Bin Said of Oman "to afford recognition to outstanding contributions by individuals, groups of individuals, institutes or organizations in the management or preservation of the environment, consistent with the policies, aims and objectives of UNESCO, and in relation to the Organization's programmes in this field."
|Sultan Qaboos Prize for Environmental Preservation|
|Awarded for||outstanding contributions by individuals, groups of individuals, institutes or organizations in the management or preservation of the environment|
|Presented by||UNESCO and Sultan Qaboos Bin Said of Oman|
- 1991: Instituto de Ecología, A.C. ( Mexico).
- 1993: Jan Jenik ( Czech Republic).
- 1995: Lake Malawi National Park ( Malawi).
- 1997: Department of Environmental Sciences, Alexandria University ( Egypt) and Forest Department ( Sri Lanka).
- 1999: Charles Darwin Foundation ( Ecuador)
- 2001: Chad Association of Volunteers for the Protection of the Environment ( Chad).
- 2003: Center for Ecology ( Venezuela) and Peter Johan Schei ( Norway).
- 2005: Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority ( Australia) and Ernesto Enkerlin ( Mexico).
- 2007: Institute of Biodiversity Conservation ( Ethiopia) and Julius Oszlányi ( Slovakia).
- 2009: Autonomous Authority for National Parks (OAPN) ( Spain).
- 2011: Institute for Forest Research of Nigeria
- 2013: State Forests National Forest Holding of Poland ( Poland) and South Africa’s Endangered Wildlife Trust ( South Africa)
- 2015: Fabio A. Kalesnik, Horacio Sirolli and Luciano Iribarren of the Wetlands Ecology Research Group of the University of Buenos Aires, Argentina ( Argentina)
- 2017: The National Parks Board of Singapore
- UNESCO. "Sultan Qaboos Prize for Environmental Preservation". Retrieved 2008-06-02.
- UNESCO. "Report by the Director-General on the Overall Review of UNESCO Prizes" (pdf). Retrieved 2008-06-02.
|This award-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|