The Styria Media Group AG, often referred to as just Styria, is an Austrian media company founded in 1869 and based in Graz. The company is one of the largest media companies in Austria, Croatia and Slovenia, and is also present in several other countries. Styria publishes a number of daily papers and weekly magazines, several news websites, and operates two radio stations and a television channel. They also incorporate seven book publishing companies. The group generated a market turnover of 420 million euros in 2016.
|Founded||Graz, Austria (1869)|
|Austria, Croatia, Slovenia, Italy, Montenegro|
|Revenue||€420 million (2016)|
Number of employees
As of 2015, the Styria Media Group and the Moser Holding Aktiengesellschaft each own 50% of Regionalmedien Austria. This company publishes free (advertiser-funded) local newspapers throughout Austria. The company's original markets are the Styria and Carinthia regions of Austria, where they publish their flagship daily Kleine Zeitung and a number of regional weeklies. On a national level, the company publishes Vienna-based daily Die Presse and the weekly magazine Die Furche.
In Slovenia, the company publishes the free daily newspaper Žurnal24 and owns a share in the major daily Dnevnik. In Italy the company owns a majority share in the regional weekly Il Friuli, which covers the Friuli–Venezia Giulia region in north-eastern Italy. In March 2009 Styria also expanded into Montenegro and acquired a minority share in the daily newspaper Vijesti. Around 2015 the company moved into the Styria Media Center in the Jakomini district of Graz.
- Daily newspapers
- Die Presse (Austria)
- Kleine Zeitung (Austria)
- 24sata (Croatia)
- Poslovni dnevnik (Croatia)
- Večernji list (Croatia)
- Dnevnik (Slovenia)
- Žurnal24 (Slovenia)
- Vijesti (Montenegro)
- Weekly newspapers
- Die Furche (Austria)
- "Impressum". Regionalmedien Austria AG. Archived from the original on 2015-05-13. Retrieved 2015-04-14.
- "Unternehmen". Regionalmedien Austria AG. Retrieved 2015-04-12.
- Bernd Melichar (2015-06-11). "Graz: Styria Media Center feierlich eröffnet". kleinezeitung.at. Retrieved 2021-09-20.
- "Aus dem Gemeinderat II - Stadtportal der Landeshauptstadt Graz". www.graz.at. Archived from the original on 2015-04-14. Retrieved 2015-04-14.
- "Wiener". m4!. Archived from the original on 2 February 2014. Retrieved 25 February 2014.