Sturk's Tobacconists is a tobacconist based in Greenmarket Square, Cape Town, South Africa. Founded on 1 August 1793 is notable for being the oldest tobacconist and possibly oldest business in South Africa. Its physical location closed down due to the COVID-19 pandemic and resulting tobacco sales ban during the pandemic lockdown period.
|Founded||August 1, 1793Cape Town, South Africain|
|Headquarters||Greenmarket Square, |
- ^ Sandiso, Phaliso (8 October 2015). "Tobacco display restrictions 'absurd'". www.iol.co.za. Retrieved 2020-07-29.
- ^ a b Magubane, Khulekani. "We're not going anywhere, says Mzansi's oldest tobacconist". Fin24. Retrieved 2020-07-29.
- ^ a b "Sturks Tobacco Shop shuts Greenmarket Square doors after 226 years". CapeTalk. Retrieved 2020-07-29.
- ^ Ndamase, Siphesihle (2020-06-02). "226-Year-old shop closing its doors due to prolonged tobacco ban". Briefly. Retrieved 2020-07-29.
- ^ "After 226 years, Sturk's Tobacconists closes its doors". www.capetownetc.com. Retrieved 2020-07-29.
Coordinates: 33°55′20″S 18°25′12″E / 33.922174°S 18.419953°E