|Full name||SV Studentenstadt Freimann e.V.|
|Union||German Rugby Federation|
|League(s)||2. Rugby-Bundesliga (II)|
|2015–16||2. Rugby-Bundesliga South, 2nd|
The club is part of a larger student club, the SportVerein der Studentenstadt Freimann e.V, which offers other sports like association football, tennis and volleyball. Its nickname is StuSta Rugby.
Following this success, the club earned promotion to the 2nd Rugby-Bundesliga South/West in 2004, the second tier of German rugby. After struggling against relegation for the first three seasons there, the team has established itself as a mid-table side.
The club suffered relegation at the end of the 2010–11 season and had to drop down to the 3rd Liga South/West for the following year. The team won the southern division of the league but was knocked out in the semi finals and initially missed out on promotion. However, a league expansion saw the club return to the 2nd Bundesliga for 2012–13. In the 2012–13 season, in the 2nd Bundesliga, the club finished in the upper half of the table and qualified for the play-offs for the DRV-Pokal. The club advanced to the semi finals of the play-offs after victory over RC Leipzig but forfeited its game there, with opposition TSV Handschuhsheim thereby automatically advancing to the final.
The club qualified for the south-west division of the Liga-Pokal in 2013–14 and received a bye for the first round of the play-offs after winning its division and advanced to the final against Neckarsulmer SU where it lost 10–15. In the 2014–15 season the club finished fifth in the south-west group of the DRV-Pokal and was knocked out by Heidelberger TV in the quarter finals of the play-offs after a first round victory over TSV Victoria Linden.
The second team plays in the now fourth tier Regionalliga Bayern, and the newly founded women's team plays in the second tier Regionalliga South/West.
- German league cup
- Runners-up: 2014
- Bavarian rugby union championship
- Champions: 2002, 2004
- Runners-up: 2003
Recent seasons of the club:
|2001-02||Rugby-Regionalliga Bavaria (III)||1st|
|2003-04||Rugby-Regionalliga Bavaria||1st — Promoted|
|2004-05||2nd Rugby-Bundesliga South/West (II)||8th|
|2005-06||2nd Rugby-Bundesliga South/West||8th|
|2006–07||2nd Rugby-Bundesliga South/West||9th|
|2007–08||2nd Rugby-Bundesliga South/West||6th|
|2008–09||2nd Rugby-Bundesliga South/West||6th|
|2009–10||2nd Rugby-Bundesliga South/West||6th|
|2010–11||2nd Rugby-Bundesliga South/West||10th — Relegated|
|2011–12||3rd Liga South/West (III)||1st — Semi finals|
|2012–13||2nd Rugby-Bundesliga qualification round – South||1st|
|DRV-Pokal – South-West||3rd — Semi finals|
|2013–14||2nd Rugby-Bundesliga qualification round – South||3rd|
|Liga-Pokal – South-West||1st — Runners up|
|2014–15||2nd Rugby-Bundesliga qualification round – South||2nd|
|DRV-Pokal – South-West||5th — Quarter finals|
|2015–16||2nd Rugby-Bundesliga South||2nd|
- Until 2001, when the single-division Bundesliga was established, the season was divided in autumn and spring, a Vorrunde and Endrunde, whereby the top teams of the Rugby-Bundesliga would play out the championship while the bottom teams together with the autumn 2nd Bundesliga champion would play for Bundesliga qualification. The remainder of the 2nd Bundesliga teams would play a spring round to determine the relegated clubs. Where two placings are shown, the first is autumn, the second spring. In 2012 the Bundesliga was expanded from ten to 24 teams and the 2nd Bundesliga from 20 to 24 with the leagues divided into four regional divisions.
- SportVerein der Studentenstadt Freimann e.V. website (in German) accessed: 3 April 2010
- Die grössten Erfolge von Studentenstadt Rugby München (in German) StuSta website, accessed: 3 April 2010
- Die Studentenstadt im Rausch (in German) Münchner Merkur, published: 20 May 2008, accessed: 3 April 2010
- RugbyWeb Ergebnisarchiv (in German) rugbyweb.de - Results archive, accessed: 24 July 2012