Strib porpoise research station was a bioacoustic research facility located in Strib, a small town on the coast of Little Belt, Denmark. The station was formed in 1962 with the official name Station Oceanographique Anton Bruun by the first director René-Guy Busnel (France) and co-worker Willem Dudok van Heel (the Netherlands), in honour of the Danish oceanographer Anton Bruun. Søren Hechmann Andersen joined the station from the start and quickly succeeded Busnel as head of the laboratory. Later he was joined by fellow scientists Bertel Møhl and Mats Amundin. The facilities consisted of net pens in the former ferry harbour and indoor tanks and laboratories. The main focus of research at the station was the bioacoustics of harbour porpoises and involved the first documentation of echolocation in porpoises, first measurements of their hearing, and first recording of their echolocation signals. but also included studies hearing in harbour seals,. The station was closed in 1974 and animals and research moved to University of Southern Denmark, where it continued until 1983.
- Andersen, S.H. (2009). "Invenstigations of the harbour porpoise (Phocoena phocoena) in Denmark from 1962 to 1983". Aquatic Mammals. 35 (3): 395–398. doi:10.1578/AM.35.3.2009.394.
- Busnel, R.G.; Dziedzic, A.; Andersen, S. (1963). "Sur certaines caractéristiques des signaux acoustiques du Marsouin Phocœna phocœna L.". Comptes rendus hebdomadaires des séances de l'Académie des sciences. 257: 2545–2548.
- Busnel, R.G.; Dziedzic, A.; Andersen, S. (1965). "Seuils de perception du système sonar de Marsouin Phocoæna phocoæna L., en fonction du diamtètre d'un obstacle filiforme". Comptes rendus hebdomadaires des séances de l'Académie des sciences. 260: 295–297.
- Andersen, S. (1970). "Auditory sensitivity of the Harbour Porpoise Phocoena phocoena". Investigations on Cetacea. 2: 255–258.
- Andersen, S. (1970). "Directional hearing in the harbour porpoise Phocoena phocoena". Investigations on Cetacea. 2: 260–263.
- Møhl, B.; Andersen, S. (1973). "Echolocation: high-frequency component in the click of the harbour porpoise (Phocoena ph. L.)". Journal of the Acoustical Society of America. 54 (5): 1368–1372. Bibcode:1973ASAJ...54.1368M. doi:10.1121/1.1914435. PMID 4765810.
- Møhl, B. (1967). "Frequency discrimination in the common seal and a discussion of the concept of upper hearing limit". In V. M. Albers ed. Undervater Acoustics, Volume 2. New York: Plenum Press: 43–54.
- Møhl, B. (1968). "Auditory sensitivity of the common seal in air and water". J. Aud. Res. 8: 27–38.