Strayers from Sheol
Strayers from Sheol is a collection of stories by author H. Russell Wakefield. It was released in 1961 and was the second collection of the author's stories to be published by Arkham House. It was published in an edition of 2,070 copies.
Dust-jacket illustration by Gary Gore for Strayers from Sheol
|Author||H. Russell Wakefield|
|Cover artist||Gary Gore|
|Media type||Print (hardback)|
Strayers from Sheol contains the following tales:
- "Introduction: Farewell to All Those!"
- "The Triumph of Death"
- "Ghost Hunt"
- "The Third Shadow"
- "The Gorge of the Churels"
- "Mr. Ash's Studio"
- "Woe Water"
- "A Kink in Space-Time"
- "Messrs. Turkes & Talbot"
- "'Immortal Bird'"
- "The Caretaker"
- "'Four Eyes'"
- "The Sepulchre of Jasper Sarasen"
- "The Middle Drawer"
- "Monstrous Regiment"
- Jaffery, Sheldon (1989). The Arkham House Companion. Mercer Island, WA: Starmont House, Inc. p. 55. ISBN 1-55742-005-X.
- Chalker, Jack L.; Mark Owings (1998). The Science-Fantasy Publishers: A Bibliographic History, 1923-1998. Westminster, MD and Baltimore: Mirage Press, Ltd. p. 37.
- Joshi, S.T. (1999). Sixty Years of Arkham House: A History and Bibliography. Sauk City, WI: Arkham House. p. 69. ISBN 0-87054-176-5.
- Nielsen, Leon (2004). Arkham House Books: A Collector's Guide. Jefferson, NC and London: McFarland & Company, Inc. p. 81. ISBN 0-7864-1785-4.