|Developer(s)||Beam Team Games|
Stranded Deep takes place in the Pacific Ocean, where a plane crash survivor finds themselves faced with some of the most life-threatening scenarios in a procedurally generated world. Players are able to explore Pacific islands, reefs, and bottomless ocean trenches filled with detailed biomes, and need to search for and develop the means to survive.
The game features a dynamic weather and day-night cycle. Also featured is a building system, whereby players are able to settle on an island and construct a shelter or a raft with which to explore the ocean, and a crafting system, whereby resources can be harvested and combined in order to create equipment. Resources are limited, and therefore need to be managed. As supplies that players are able to carry are limited, items need to be prioritized for the task at hand.
Players need to manage their vitals of health, hunger, thirst, and sleep, against the elements they face, and are able to search sunken shipwrecks and islands for interesting and rare equipment.
Telltale Games announced that it was to release the game on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in October 2018, through it Telltale Publishing label. When Telltale Games announced its majority studio closure in September 2018, Beam Team Games stated that it was doing "everything it could" to launch the console versions on time.
- The Forest, a similar survival game
- "Looks like survival game 'Stranded Deep' is now officially available on Linux". Retrieved 2019-01-04.
- "Stranded Deep on Steam". Retrieved 2019-01-01.
- Romano, Sal (September 20, 2018). "Survival game Stranded Deep coming to PS4, Xbox One on October 9". Gematsu. Retrieved November 22, 2018.
- Makuch, Eddie (September 25, 2018). "The Latest On The Telltale Games Closure". GameSpot. Retrieved November 22, 2018.