Storm Over Lisbon
Storm Over Lisbon is a 1944 American thriller film produced and directed by George Sherman and starring Vera Ralston, Erich von Stroheim and Richard Arlen. The screenplay concerns a nightclub owner who attempts to gain secret information.
|Storm Over Lisbon|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||George Sherman|
|Produced by||George Sherman|
|Written by||Dane Lussier (adaptation)|
|Screenplay by||Doris Gilbert|
|Story by||Elizabeth Meehan|
|Music by||Charles Maxwell|
|Edited by||Arthur Roberts|
|Distributed by||Republic Pictures|
- Vera Hruba Ralston as Maria Mazarek
- Richard Arlen as John Craig
- Erich von Stroheim as Deresco
- Robert Livingston as Bill Flanagan
- Otto Kruger as Alexis Vanderlyn
- Eduardo Ciannelli as Blanco
- Mona Barrie as Evelyn
- Sarah Edwards as Maude Perry-Tonides
- Alice Fleming as Agatha Sanford-Richards
- Kenne Duncan as Paul
- Frank Orth as Murgatroyd
- Aida Broadbent Girls as Dancers
A new restoration of Storm Over Lisbon by Paramount Pictures, The Film Foundation, and Martin Scorsese was screened at the Museum of Modern Art on February 9, 2018, as part of the museum's program of showcasing 30 restored films from the library of Republic Pictures curated by Scorsese.
- Lennig p.430
- "Martin Scorsese Presents Republic Rediscovered: New Restorations from Paramount Pictures" (PDF). MoMA Press. The Museum of Modern Art. Retrieved 15 January 2018.
- Lennig, Arthur. Stroheim. University Press of Kentucky, 2000.