Stone House, Ooty
Stone House was the first bungalow constructed in Ooty (India). It was built by John Sullivan and was called Kal Bangala by the tribals (Kal means stone in Tamil). Today, it is the official residence of the Principal of the Government Arts College, Ooty. The tree in front of the bungalow is known as the Sullivan's oak.
Stone House, Ooty in 1905, with a tree called Sullivan's Oak in the foreground.
|Former names||Kal Bangala|
|Location||Ooty, Tamil Nadu,|
|Owner||Government of Tamil Nadu|
- "One Man's Ooty", The Hindu, India, 16 January 2005
- "Stone House". Ootyindia.in. Retrieved 1 February 2011.
- Tourist Guide to South India. South India. 2006. p. 96. ISBN 81-7478-175-7.
- Bradnock, Robert (2000). South India handbook: the travel guide. South India. p. 153. ISBN 1-900949-81-4.
- "Portion of Front of Stonehouse, 1905". harappa.com. Retrieved 9 September 2011.
|This architecture-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|