Deborah Ann Stirling Gallacher (born 30 November 1970) is an English actress. She is known for her roles as George Woodson in the BBC soap opera Doctors and Paula Martin in the ITV soap opera Coronation Street.
Deborah Ann Stirling Gallacher
30 November 1970
Bowdon, Greater Manchester, England
|Spouse(s)||William Ely (divorced) |
Seán Gleeson (m. 2009)
|Awards||British Soap Award for Best On-Screen Partnership|
Gallacher played George Woodson in the BBC soap opera Doctors from 2003 to 2009. In 2007, she won the award for Best On-Screen Partnership at The British Soap Awards alongside Seán Gleeson, who played her husband, Ronnie Woodson. She has worked with comedian Ricky Gervais, appearing in Gervais' stand-up show Animals and playing Jennifer Taylor-Clarke in both series of The Office. Following this, she appeared in Little Britain in various different roles. She then appeared in 3 episodes of EastEnders in 2017 and in an episode of the Tracy Beaker spin-off The Dumping Ground in October 2017.
Gallacher joined the cast of Coronation Street in August 2018 as Paula Martin, a love interest for established character Sophie Webster (Brooke Vincent). In February 2020, it was announced that Gallacher had joined medical drama Casualty as police officer Ffion Morgan, the wife of established character Jan Jenning (Di Botcher). Gallacher confirmed that she would not leave Coronation Street for the new role, but instead would appear in both shows simultaneously. Gallacher made her Casualty debut on 18 July 2020. For her role as Ffion, Gallacher stated that she wanted to appear different to her Coronation Street character, so she wears a wig due to having an allergy to hair dye.
- "Who is Paula Martin in Coronation Street and actress Stirling Gallacher who plays her?". Manchester Evening News. Retrieved 14 March 2021.
- "Prime Time: The Bump and Grind". The News Letter. 19 August 2003. Retrieved 18 December 2019 – via Questia. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Green, Kris (14 May 2009). "Peter Lloyd (Series Producer, 'Doctors')". Digital Spy. Retrieved 18 December 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "The British Soap Awards in pictures". Metro. 29 May 2007. Retrieved 4 July 2011.
- "The British Soap Awards 2007: The Winners". Digital Spy. Retrieved 26 January 2020.
- Sickels, Robert C. (2008) The Business of Entertainment: Movies, Praeger Publishers, ISBN 978-0-275-99840-0, p. 63
- BBC. "BBC - Drama - Doctors - Actors - Stirling Gallacher". Retrieved 28 September 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Radio Times
- Kilkelly, Daniel (8 August 2018). "Coronation Street reveals first scenes for Sophie Webster's new girlfriend Paula". Digital Spy. Retrieved 18 August 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Crick, Claire (3 February 2020). "Excitement as this Coronation Street favourite reveals new role in Casualty". What's on TV. Retrieved 3 February 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Gallacher, Stirling [@wirlygallacher] (3 February 2020). "Don't know about swapping ... currently surfing alongside" (Tweet). Retrieved 9 February 2020 – via Twitter.
- "Casualty offers first look at Stirling Gallacher's debut as Jan's wife Ffion". Digital Spy. Retrieved 18 July 2020.
- "Stirling Gallacher wears wig on Casualty due to 'severe' hair dye allergy". The List. Retrieved 18 July 2020.
- "BBC - Comedy: The Office - Character Profile - Jennifer". Archived from the original on 15 September 2014. Retrieved 28 September 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Ex-EastEnder steps in to save day at opening". 4 August 2010. Archived from the original on 24 September 2015. Retrieved 28 September 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)