Steven H. Miles
Miles is a practicing physician and Professor of Medicine at the University of Minnesota Medical School and is a member of its Center for Bioethics. He is a recipient of the Distinguished Service Award of the American Society of Bioethics and Humanistics. Miles is a fellow of the Hastings Center, an independent bioethics research institution.
Miles is the author of two books on medical ethics, one focusing on the Hippocratic Oath, the other on physicians and torture.
- Alvin Powell (March 3, 2005). "Why good doctors do bad things". Harvard Gazette. Retrieved 2007-05-29.
- Dr. Steven H. Miles (Sep 1, 2009). "The Robert Delahunty torture-memo controversy at St. Thomas". MinnPost.com. Retrieved 2009-09-20.
- "Dr. Steven H. Miles to Give Closing Lecture at Nobel Conference". Gustavus Adolphus College. October 4, 2006. Retrieved May 29, 2007.
- The Hastings Center Hastings Center Fellows. Accessed November 6, 2010
- Oath Betrayed: Torture, Medical Complicity, and the War on Terror Oath Betrayed: Torture, Medical Complicity, and the War on Terror - Democracy Now! - 30 de junho de 2006