|Born||1968 (age 51)|
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, U.S.
|Alma mater||Florida State University|
|Known for||Screenwriter, Director, film producer|
Steven Conrad was born in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and briefly attended Florida State University before transferring to Northwestern University, where he majored in creative writing. He has a brother, Chris Conrad. His mother was a teacher at St. Gregory the Great Catholic School.
Shortly after attending Northwestern, at age 19, he sold his first screenplay, Wrestling Ernest Hemingway, adapted from a short story he had written for a creative writing class. Eleven years passed before he tackled his next project, Lawrence Melm, which he scripted and directed. He followed this with The Weather Man (which he also produced) and The Pursuit of Happyness. He wrote, directed, and edited The Promotion, which premiered at South by Southwest in March 2008 and was released by Dimension Films later that year. His projects include an adaptation of the Chang-Rae Lee novel Aloft for Scott Rudin; Chad Schmidt, about a talented actor with a resemblance to Brad Pitt and The Expanding Mailman with Jack Black.
In 2015, he developed Patriot for Amazon Studios. Its pilot led to a full series order, and it premiered in its entirety on February 24, 2017. In addition to executive-producing the series, he has also written and directed most of the first season's episodes. In the same year, Conrad re-wrote the script for Wonder, a film adaptation of the 2012 novel of the same name by R. J. Palacio. The script was also written by Jack Thorne and Stephen Chbosky, with the latter having directed the film, which was released on November 17, 2017.
- Wrestling Ernest Hemingway (1993) – writer
- The Weather Man (2005) – writer, co-producer
- The Pursuit of Happyness (2006) – writer
- The Promotion (2008) – director, writer
- The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (2013) – writer
- Unfinished Business (2015) – writer
- Patriot (2015–) – executive producer, writer, director
- Wonder (2017) – writer
- Perpetual Grace, LTD (2019–) – executive producer, writer, director
- "Steve Conrad". IMDb. Retrieved 12 October 2017.
- "News & Politics". Chicago Reader. Retrieved 12 October 2017.
- Wagmeister, Elizabeth (December 18, 2015). "Amazon Picks Up Slew of Comedy, Drama, Kids Series". Variety.com. Retrieved September 18, 2016.
- Petski, Denise (January 27, 2017). "'Patriot' Gets February Premiere Date On Amazon". Deadline.com.
- Kit, Borys (April 23, 2015). "'Paddington' Director Books Lionsgate's YA Adaptation 'Wonder' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved July 16, 2016.