Steve Rasnic Tem
Steve Rasnic Tem (born 1950) is an American author. He was born in Jonesville, Virginia.
Rasnic attended college at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, and also at Virginia Commonwealth University. He earned a B.A. in English education. In 1974, he moved to Colorado and studied creative writing at Colorado State University. He married Melanie Kubachko, and the couple took the joint surname "Tem". They had four children and lived in Colorado.
Rasnic Tem's short fiction has been compared to the work of Franz Kafka, Dino Buzzati, Ray Bradbury, and Raymond Carver, but to quote Joe R. Lansdale: "Steve Rasnic Tem is a school of writing unto himself." His 200 plus published pieces have garnered him a British Fantasy Award, World Fantasy and a nomination for the Bram Stoker Awards.
- Tem, Steve Rasnic (1986). Excavation.
- Daughters (2001) (with Melanie Tem)
- The Book of Days (2002)
- Deadfall Hotel (2012)
- Blood Kin (2014)
- Ubo (2017, Solaris, ISBN 1781085110)
- Decoded Mirrors: Three Tales After Lovecraft (1978)
- Fairytales (1985)
- Markers (1989, Cemetery Dance Magazine)
- Absences: Charlie Goode's Ghosts (1991)
- Celestial Inventory (1991)
- Beautiful Stranger (1992) (with Melanie Tem)
- City Fishing (2000)
- The Far Side of the Lake (2001)
- Celestial inventories
|Paradox||2014||Tem, Steve Rasnic (Jan 2014). "Paradox". Asimov's Science Fiction. 38 (1): 67–71.|
- The Umbral Anthology of Science Fiction Poetry (1982)
- High Fantastic: Colorado's Fantasy, Dark Fantasy and Science Fiction (1987)
- The Hydrocephalic Ward (2003)
- List of poems
|After we're gone||2013||Tem, Steve Rasnic (Sep 2013). "After we're gone". Asimov's Science Fiction. 37 (9): 83.|
- Adam Meyer, "Tem, Steve Rasnic", in David Pringle (ed.), St. James Guide to Horror, Ghost and Gothic writers. Detroit, MI: St. James Press, 1998; ISBN 1558622063 (pp. 589-90)
- World Fantasy Convention (2010). "Award Winners and Nominees". Archived from the original on October 15, 2013. Retrieved February 4, 2011.
- Shearer, Chris. "Book Review: 'Blood Kin' by Steve Rasnic Tem". Fearnet. Retrieved 19 February 2014.
- Denardo, John. "BEST BETS FOR SPECULATIVE FICTION BOOKS—FEBRUARY 2014". Kirkus Reviews. Retrieved 19 February 2014.
- "Cemetery Dance #2: Relling, Little, Elliott, Partridge". Cemetery Dance Publications. Retrieved May 15, 2019.
- Short stories unless otherwise noted.
- Steve Rasnic Tem & Melanie Tem Official Website
- Steve Rasnic Tem at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
- Story behind Celestial Inventories by Steve Rasnic Tem - Online Essay
|This article about a novelist of the United States born in the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|