Steven Mitchell Glazer (born August 10, 1957) is an American politician currently serving in the California State Senate. He is a Democrat representing the 7th Senate District, which encompasses most of Contra Costa County and eastern portions of Alameda County in the East Bay.
|Member of the California State Senate|
from the 7th district
|Assumed office |
May 28, 2015
|Preceded by||Mark DeSaulnier|
Steven Mitchell Glazer
August 10, 1957
Sacramento, California, U.S.
|Alma mater||San Diego State University|
Glazer won a May 2015 special election to succeed Mark DeSaulnier, who was elected to Congress in 2014. Glazer defeated fellow Democrat, Assemblywoman Susan Bonilla. He won his re-election campaign in November, 2016, and began a new four-year term. Prior to being elected to the State Senate, he was Mayor of Orinda from 2011–2015 and an advisor to Governor Jerry Brown. Glazer is a member of the California Legislative Jewish Caucus.
While enrolled at San Diego State University, Glazer was elected President of the Associated Students. Upon graduation, he served as the Legislative Director of the California State Students Association in Sacramento.
- McGreevy, Patrick (May 19, 2015). "Steve Glazer wins East Bay Senate seat over Assemblywoman Susan Bonilla". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved May 30, 2015.
- "California 7th District State Senate Results: Steve Glazer Wins". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2017-11-21.
- "Steve Glazer - Ballotpedia". Retrieved 2017-11-21.
- McGreevy, Patrick. "Steve Glazer wins East Bay Senate seat over Assemblywoman Susan Bonilla". latimes.com. Retrieved 2017-11-21.
- "Former Orinda Mayor Steve Glazer Sworn in as California Senator | Orinda". lamorindaweekly.com. Retrieved 2017-11-21.
- "Members | California Legislative Jewish Caucus". jewishcaucus.legislature.ca.gov. Retrieved 2017-11-21.
- "Steven M. Glazer | Board of Trustees | CSU". www.calstate.edu. Retrieved 2017-11-21.
- "Meet the Bay Area Democrat who could kill Gov. Jerry Brown's road plan today". The Mercury News. 2017-04-06. Retrieved 2017-11-21.
- "Biography". Senator Steve Glazer. 2015-05-20. Retrieved 2017-11-21.