Stephen C. Belichick (born March 25, 1987) is an American football coach who is the current outside linebackers coach for the New England Patriots of the National Football League (NFL). He formerly was the team's safeties coach and worked as a defensive assistant since he began coaching in 2012.
|New England Patriots|
|Position:||Outside linebackers coach|
|Born:||March 25, 1987|
Ridgewood, New Jersey
|High school:||The Rivers School |
|As a coach:|
|Career highlights and awards|
Belichick played lacrosse at The Rivers School in Weston, Massachusetts, and was an All-League Honorable Mention selection in his senior year. He then attended Rutgers University where he continued to play lacrosse as a defenseman and long-stick midfielder (LSM) from 2008 through 2011. He also played for Rutgers Football under coach Greg Schiano in 2011 as a long-snapper.
New England PatriotsEdit
On May 10, 2012, Belichick was hired by the New England Patriots as a coaching assistant, a position in which he would serve for four seasons before being named safeties coach prior to the start of the 2016 season.
For the 2019 season, after long-time assistant Brian Flores left to become the new head coach of the Miami Dolphins, Belichick assumed defensive play calling duties previously held by Flores while also operating as the team's secondary coach.
Belichick is the son of current New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick, and the grandson of Steve Belichick. His younger brother, Brian Belichick, also works in the New England Patriots organization, currently serving as the team's safeties coach.
- "INDIVIDUAL AWARDS AND RECOGNITION; 2005-2006". www.rivers.org. The Rivers School. Retrieved October 27, 2016.
- "A Few Good Men". Rutgers Magazine. Rutgers University. Retrieved February 9, 2019.
- "2011 Rutgers Football Media Guide". issuu.com/ruathletics/docs. Rutgers Athletics. 2011. Retrieved October 27, 2016.
- "Bill Belichick Adds Son, Steve, To Pats' Coaching Staff, Promotes Patricia To Defensive Coordinator". www.cbs.com. CBS. March 10, 2012. Retrieved October 27, 2016.
- Reiss, Mike (March 18, 2016). "Steve Belichick promoted to Patriots safeties coach". www.espn.com. ESPN. Retrieved October 27, 2016.
- "Super Bowl LI - New England Patriots vs. Atlanta Falcons - February 5th, 2017". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved September 2, 2017.
- "Steve Belichick shining as Patriots' defensive play-caller". November 2019.
- "Patriots finalize 2020 coaching staff". www.patriots.com. Retrieved July 28, 2020.
- Houde, Isaiah (August 7, 2020). "Steve Belichick details mentoring his brother, Brian, who was promoted to safeties coach". Patriots Wire. Retrieved September 13, 2020.