Step Into Dance
Step into Dance began in 2007 after Jack Petchey approached the RAD with an idea to set up an extra-curricular dance programme for young people in London. Initially targeting particular boroughs in London, Step into Dance launched with a pilot of 30 schools. In 2008 Sue Goodman joined as Artistic Director, bringing a focus on performance and high quality choreography. By 2015/2016, 200 schools were participalting.
Step into Dance is one of the Jack Petchey Foundation's flagship projects. As of July 2016 the Foundation had donated over 3 million pounds to the programme and over 30 thousand students have participated.
- Goodman, Sue (3 July 2012). "Harness the positive power of dance" – via The Guardian.
- "London Festival of Education 2015 - Step into Dance".
- "Jack Petchey Foundation & Royal Academy of Dance - Step Live! 2016 - Sadler's Wells Theatre".
- "Best of London's 'trail-blazing' state schools honoured at our awards". 2 December 2015.
- "News: Step into Dance: Inclusive dance practice... unlocking creativity and freeing inhibitions - disability arts online".
- "Jack Petchey Foundation – Step into Dance".
- "JACK PETCHEY - UK Case Studies - Coutts Million Dollar Donor Report".
- "Pupil becomes borough's first dance ambassador".
- "Step Into Dance Youth Ambassadors get cracking with Parliamentary letter-writing campaign - LondonDance".
- "Step into Dance launches Young Ambassadors scheme — News — Dance UK".