Statutes concerning forcible entries and riots confirmed or the Forcible Entry Act 1391 (15 Ric 2 c 2) (1391) was an Act of the Parliament of the Kingdom of England. It provided that the Forcible Entry Act 1381 and one or more other pieces of legislation[which?] were to be held and kept and fully executed. It also authorised any justice of the peace, who had received a complaint that such a forcible entry had been committed, to take the power of the county to arrest any person found committing forcible detainer after that forcible entry.
|Act of Parliament|
|Citation||15 Ric 2 c 2|
|Repealed by||Criminal Law Act 1977|
The whole Chapter was repealed for England and Wales on 1 December 1977.
This Act was applied to Ireland by Poynings' Law. This Act was repealed for the Republic of Ireland by section 1 of, and Part II of the Schedule to, the Statute Law Revision Act 1983 (which repealed the whole of the 15 Ric 2, of which this Act is part).
- Halsbury's Statutes, Third Edition, Volume 18, page 406
- The Statutes, Third Revised Edition, HMSO, 1950
- ^ This chapter is referred to by this expression in the second column of Schedule 13 to the Criminal Law Act 1977 which is headed "Short Title". But there is no earlier Act authorising the citation of this chapter by any short title and the expression seems to be taken from the marginal note to this chapter in printed copies of the Statute 15 Ric 2. See for example The Statutes, Third Revised Edition, HMSO, 1950
- ^ The citation of this Act as the Forcible Entry Act 1391 is authorised for the Republic of Ireland by section 1 of, and Part V of the Second Schedule to, the Short Titles Act 1962 (as read with section 14(3)(a) of the Interpretation Act 2005).
- ^ The Criminal Law Act 1977, sections 13(2)(b) and 65(5) and Schedule 13
- ^ The Criminal Law Act 1977, section 65(10)
- ^ The Criminal Law Act 1977 (Commencement No. 3) Order 1977 (S.I. 1977/1682 (C.58)), article 2, and Schedule 1 and Appendix B thereto.
- ^ This is asserted by the Second Schedule of the Short Titles Act 1962.
- List of legislative effects from the Irish Statute Book