State Agency for Compulsory Health Insurance (Azerbaijan)
State Agency for Compulsory Health Insurance under the cabinet of Azerbaijan (azərb. Azərbaycan Respublikasının Nazirlər Kabineti yanında Icbari Tibbi Sığorta üzrə Dövlət Agentliyi) is a legal entity that provides the implementation of mandatory medical insurance, accumulating funds to finance medical services within the basic package in Azerbaijan.
The State Agency for Compulsory Health Insurance was established by order of the president of Azerbaijan No. 2592 dated December 27, 2007, and started its activity on the basis of presidential decree No. 765 dated February 15, 2016. According to presidential decree No. 1255 of November 24, 2016, the state agency for compulsory health insurance was established as a legal entity under public law "State Agency for compulsory health insurance".
According to the decree of the president of Azerbaijan dated November 29, 2016, the city of Mingachevir and Yevlakh district were selected as pilot territories for the application of compulsory medical insurance in Azerbaijan. According to the decree of February 16, 2018 Agdash district was also included in the pilot project.
Since January 1, 2020, citizens registered in 24 regions of the country (Guba, Gusar, Khachmaz, Shabran, Siyazan, Khizi, Shamakhy, Ismayilli, Agsu, Gobustan, Balaken, Zagatala, Gah, Shaki, Oguz, Gabala, Goychay, Ujar, Zardab, Kurdamir, Mingachevir, Agdash, Yevlakh and Nakhichevan Autonomous Republic) receive medical services within the framework of mandatory medical insurance.
- "Azerbaijani State Agency for Compulsory Health Insurance becomes public legal entity – Azerbaijan -". xprimm.com. Retrieved March 22, 2020.
- "State Agency for Compulsory Health Insurance".
- "Healthcare in Azerbaijan".
- "Director of the State Agency for Compulsory Health Insurance".
- "Zaur Aliyev is appointed as a Director of the State Agency for Compulsory Health Insurance".
- "Application of mandatory health insurance in Azerbaijan".
- "В 2020 г. в Азербайджане предлагается поэтапное применение обязательного медстрахования". Trend.Az (in Russian). November 26, 2019. Retrieved March 22, 2020.
- "Cooperation between the state Agency for Compulsory Health Insurance and UNICEF".