Stacy Rukeyser (born 1970) is an American television writer and producer. Rukeyser landed her first job writing for CBS drama Without A Trace. She was a writer and an executive producer on the ABC Family series Greek, and worked on the series, October Road, Gigantic, One Tree Hill, The Lying Game and Twisted.  Rukeyser is the executive producer of the third season of the Lifetime Series Unreal.
|Born||1970 (age 49–50)|
|Alma mater||Princeton University|
|Known for||Writer, producer|
|Parent(s)||Louis Rukeyser, Alexandra Gill|
- 1997: Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman, actor
- 2002: Without a Trace, writer
- 2004: Fearless, writer
- 2005–2006: One Tree Hill, writer and story editor
- 2006: Standoff, writer and executive editor
- 2007: October Road, writer and co-producer
- 2010: Gigantic, writer and co-executive producer
- 2011: ABC Family series Greek, writer and co-executive producer
- 2011–2013: The Lying Game, writer and co-executive producer
- 2014: Twisted, co-executive producer, writer
- 2015–2018: Unreal, executive producer, writer
Time's Up MovementEdit
Rukeyser published an article in The Hollywood Reporter about the hostile environment for women in Hollywood. She specifically commented on instances of sexism she experienced while working on the series One Tree Hill, where she was the only female writer for the show, most notably when her coworkers called her names, conspired to install a hot tub on set, and went to lunch trips to hooters. Rukeyser has commented to Refinery29 that 80% of television shows are run by men and noted the change in media needs to start in the writers rooms. In addition, she commented on the need to talk about "the gender pay gap, oppressive work environments, the lack of reasonable maternity leave policies, and every other issue that stands as a barrier to women in all industries."
Rukeyser is the daughter of Louis Rukeyser, an American financial journalist, columnist, and host of the show host the television series, Wall $treet Week with Louis Rukeyser, and Louis Rukeyser's Wall Street. Stacey Rukeyser married her husband Clark Peterson in 2010. The couple have two children.
- "Stacy Rukeyser, Clark Peterson". Retrieved 2018-07-31.
- "'One Tree Hill' Alum Details "Frat House" Vibe in "Misogynistic" Writers Room (Guest Column)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2018-07-31.
- "Stacy Rukeyser on Fighting for Feminist TV Characters". Bitch Media. Retrieved 2018-07-31.
- Andreeva, Nellie (2016-10-12). "'UnReal': Lifetime Series Names Stacy Rukeyser As Showrunner For Season 3". Deadline. Retrieved 2018-07-31.
- Adams, Erik. "UnREAL showrunner Stacy Rukeyser: "We are past the point of not being able to take reality television seriously"". The A.V. Club. Retrieved 2018-07-31.
- "UnREAL". Retrieved 2018-07-31.
- Bradley, Laura. "UnREAL, Once a TV Treasure, Gets an Unceremonious Farewell". HWD. Retrieved 2018-07-31.
- "Conversations UnREAL". SAG-AFTRA Foundation. Retrieved 2018-07-31.
- "Women Behind the Scenes Spotlight: Stacy Rukeyser – NiceGirlsTV.com". nicegirlstv.com. Retrieved 2018-07-31.
- "'UnREAL': Lifetime Names Stacy Rukeyser Showunner". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2018-07-31.
- "Why Hollywood's diversity problem starts in the writers' room ~ FutureFemmeFest". futurefemme.com. Retrieved 2018-07-31.
- "Hollywood Will Never Move Forward Without This Major Change, Says "UnREAL" Showrunner". Retrieved 2018-07-31.