Adelaide, South Australia
|Population||4,233 (SAL 2021)|
|Location||15 km (9 mi) from Adelaide|
|LGA(s)||City of Tea Tree Gully|
Facilities and amenities on the suburb include Ardtornish Primary School, founded in 1882, and the Steventon Post Office that opened around January 1859, to be renamed Tea Tree Gully in 1872, and Teatree Gully in 1925. Tea Tree Gully changed again in 1966 and finally became St Agnes in 1969.
Ardtornish Primary SchoolEdit
Ardtornish Primary School is a state government R-7 coeducational school with an enrolment of about 500 students. The original school was built in 1842 on the Lower North East Road in Hope Valley, and named after Ardtornish Castle in Scotland. In 1980 the school moved to its current site in St Agnes. An extensive history can be found on the School's website along with a slightly shorter version "for younger readers".
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (28 June 2022). "St Agnes (SA) (Suburb and Locality)". Australian Census 2021 QuickStats. Retrieved 28 June 2022.
- Premier Postal History. "Post Office List". Premier Postal Auctions. Retrieved 26 May 2011.
- Home, ardtornish.weebly.com
- The History of Ardtornish – for Older Readers, ardtornish.weebly.com
- The History of Ardtornish – for Younger Readers, ardtornish.weebly.com