St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
|Formerly||St. Regis Hotel|
Number of locations
|48 (September, 2020)|
|Products||hotel and resort properties|
In 1904, John Jacob Astor IV built the St. Regis New York as a sister property to his part-owned Waldorf-Astoria Hotel. Exhibiting luxury and technological advance, each room had its own telephone. Ownership changes, a new wing, and restorations occurred over the following decades. In 1966, Sheraton Hotels purchased the property. After an extensive restoration in 1991, the hotel became the flagship for the Sheraton premier hotels rebranded as the ITT Sheraton Luxury Collection.
In 1998, Starwood acquired the Sheraton brand, and created a new St. Regis brand. In September 2016, Marriott gained the St. Regis chain as part of its acquisition of Starwood. The brand name cannot be used in the lower mainland of British Columbia, because the name is legally owned by the independent St. Regis Hotel, Vancouver, built in 1913.
As of June 30, 2020, there are 46 St. Regis-branded hotels around the world with 10,017 rooms, in addition to 31 hotels with 6,533 rooms in the pipeline.
- St. Regis Abu Dhabi
- St. Regis Amman
- St. Regis Aspen Resort
- St. Regis Astana
- St. Regis Atlanta
- St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico
- St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort
- St. Regis Bali Resort
- St. Regis Bangkok
- St. Regis Beijing
- St. Regis Bora Bora Resort
- St. Regis Cairo (opening 2020)
- St. Regis Changsha
- St. Regis Chengdu
- St. Regis Chicago (opening 2021)
- St. Regis Deer Valley
- St. Regis Doha
- St. Regis Florence
- St. Regis Hong Kong
- St. Regis Houston
- St. Regis Istanbul
- St. Regis Kuala Lumpur
- St. Regis Langkawi
- St. Regis Lhasa Resort
- St. Regis Macao
- St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort
- St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort
- St. Regis Mauritius
- St. Regis Mexico City
- St. Regis Moscow Nikolskaya
- St. Regis Mumbai
- St. Regis New York
- St. Regis Osaka
- St. Regis Punta Mita Resort
- St. Regis Rome
- St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, Abu Dhabi
- St. Regis San Francisco
- St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay Resort
- St. Regis Shanghai Jingan
- St. Regis Shenzhen
- St. Regis Singapore
- St. Regis Tianjin
- St. Regis Toronto
- St. Regis Venice
- St. Regis Washington, D.C.
- St. Regis Zhuhai
- St. Regis Belgrade (opening 2022)
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Salvador
The Tokenization of the St. Regis AspenEdit
In January 2018, SolidBlock created a smart contract and digitized platform for the tokenization of the St. Regis Aspen, which became the first private single asset real estate investment trust (REIT) in the US to issue a Security Token Offering and traded on the blockchain. Through an intensive campaign, $18 million was raised - nearly one-fifth of the equity deal sold through digital tokens to investors worldwide.
- "St. Regis Hotel Locations". www.marriott.com.
- "St. Regis New York". www.historichotelsthenandnow.com.
- "PR Newswire, 13 Jan 1994". www.thefreelibrary.com.
- "Boston Globe, 13 Nov 1997". www.newspapers.com. p. 67.
….ITT Corp., and its Boston-based Sheraton Hotels….embraced bid by upstart Starwood Lodging Trust….
- "Los Angeles Times, 21 Jan 1998". www.newspapers.com. p. 46.
….St. Regis and Westin brands.
- "CNBC, 23 Sep 2016". www.cnbc.com.
- "Hotel Mogel, 22 Dec 2014". www.hotelmogel.com.
- "2016 Annual Report". www.marriott.gcs-web.com. p. 7.
- "2017 Annual Report". www.marriott.gcs-web.com. p. 7.
- "2018 Annual Report". www.marriott.gcs-web.com. p. 6.
- "2019 Annual Report". www.marriott.gcs-web.com. p. 6.
- "St. Regis". Marriott Hotels Development. Retrieved 2020-08-19.
- "SolidBlock". solidblock.co. Retrieved 2020-11-11.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to St. Regis Hotel & Residences.|
|This article about a hotel or resort is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|