St. Joseph's Higher Secondary School is a boys' school located in the scenic hill station town Ooty, which is part of The Nilgiris district in Tamil Nadu, India. The school was started by Christian missionaries in 1820.
|St. Joseph's Higher Secondary School|
St. Mary's Hill
|Type||Higher secondary school|
|Patron saint(s)||St. Joseph|
|School board||Tamil Nadu Board of Secondary Education|
|Grades||Class 6 - Class 12|
|Sports||Cricket, Hand ball and Football|
The school is incorporated in the locale of St. Mary's Hill in the town, at a distance of about one kilometer from Ooty bus stand and Railway station. The location of the school enables student access from even remote rural parts of the district. The school is considered to be located in an environment ideal for students' education as the surroundings are quiet and free from noise pollution.
The school takes part in sporting activities like cricket, handball, football etc. Cultural activities organized in the school includes Teachers day celebrations and an Annual Sports Meet. In 2010, the school conducted the 70th Annual Sports Meet. The school also engages in other activities like organizing the annual dog show in the school ground.
The school offers institutional transport facilities for its students of the school in the form of buses. This transport facility is extended to students from both urban and rural areas surrounding Ooty.
- St. Joseph's Boys School, Coonoor
- St. Joseph's Higher Secondary School, Sulthan Bathery
- Breeks Memorial School, Ooty
- Hebron School, Ooty
- The Laidlaw Memorial School and Junior College, Ketti, Ooty
- Lawrence School, Lovedale, Ooty
- Woodside School, Ooty
- Stanes Hr.Sec. School, Coonoor
- Good Shepherd International School, Ooty
- "Nilgiris - Schools". nilgiris.com. Retrieved 30 July 2011.
- "History and Growth of St. Joseph's Educational Institutions". stjosephcollegeooty.org. Retrieved 30 July 2011.
- "Sundareswaran scalps five". The Hindu. 23 October 2007. Archived from the original on 26 October 2007. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- "Double for GKD MHSS". The Hindu. 24 November 2010. Archived from the original on 7 January 2011. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- "Colleges in Ooty". onlineooty.com. Retrieved 30 July 2011.
- "EDUCATION-SCHOOLS AND COLLEGES". nilgiris.tn.gov.in. Retrieved 30 July 2011.
- "SCHOOLS AND COLLEGES". badaga.org. Retrieved 30 July 2011.
- "St.Joseph College of Education". stjosephcollegeooty.org. Retrieved 30 July 2011.
- "Activities (August 2010 & September 2010)". stjosephcollegeooty.org. Retrieved 5 December 2012.
- Special Correspondent (29 April 2009). "Dog show in Ooty from May 8". The Hindu. Archived from the original on 27 April 2014. Retrieved 30 September 2011.