St. John's Medical College
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
St. John's Medical College is a private religious minority medical college and hospital situated in Bangalore, India. It is part of the St. John's National Academy of Health Sciences run by the Catholic Bishops' Conference of India. It was established in 1963. The college annually accepts 150 students for the MBBS undergraduate course based on a national entrance exam. It also accepts 100 postgraduate students (80 MD & 20 Diploma) to a number of medical specialties. The college culfest Autumn Muse is one of the oldest in South India.
|Motto||He Shall Live Because of Me|
|Affiliations||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences|
In 2018, St. John's Medical College partnered with Apple to conduct a needs assessment of the health and well-being of supplier employees. Based on assessment findings, Apple developed and launched a training curriculum to improve health knowledge in key areas. St. John’s also provided nutrition consultation that has led to improvements at several supplier cafeterias. St. John’s also provided nutrition consultation that has led to improvements at several supplier cafeterias.
In December 1994, the Institution was renamed as St. John's National Academy of Health Sciences and it comprises the following Institutes:
- St. John's Medical College
- St. John's Medical College Hospital
- St. John's Research Institute
- St. John's College of Nursing
- St. John's Institute of Health Management and Para Medical Studies
|University and college rankings|
|Medical - India|
|India Today (2017)||14|
|Outlook India (2017)||4|
|The Week (2017)||15|
St John's Medical College was ranked 12th among medical colleges in India in 2019 by the National Institutional Ranking Framework in 2019. St. John's Medical College was ranked 14th among medical colleges in India in 2017 by India Today, 15th by The Week and 4th in India by Outlook India.
- "Supplier Responsibility 2019 Progress Report" (PDF).
- "India's Best Colleges 2017: Medical". India Today. 2017. Retrieved 21 June 2017.
- "Top 25 Medical Colleges In 2017". Outlook India. 5 June 2017. Retrieved 21 June 2017.
- Singh, Abhinav (18 June 2017). "The Week - Hansa Research Best Colleges Survey 2017: Top Medical Colleges - All India". The Week. Retrieved 8 September 2017.
- "NIRF 2019 Medical Rankings". NIRF, HRD Minstry. Retrieved 29 June 2019.