St. Anthony School (Florida)
St. Anthony Catholic School is a historic school in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. It is located at 820 Northeast 3rd Street. Saint Anthony Catholic School is the parochial Catholic school in Broward County. On September 26, 1997, it was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places. The school building was built in 1926 by John Olsson. The architecht was Francis Abreu.
St. Anthony Catholic School
|Location||Fort Lauderdale, Florida|
|Built||1926, 1938, 1940|
|Built by||John Olsson|
|Architectural style||Mission/Spanish Revival|
|NRHP reference #||97001171|
|Added to NRHP||26 September 1997|
- Chris Evert, former professional tennis player, member of International Tennis Hall of Fame
- Jeanne Evert, former professional tennis player
- Sarah Lihan, Olympian who placed 9th in women's sailing 470 at 2012 Summer Olympics
- Brian Piccolo, former professional football player, inspiration for film Brian's Song
- Mike Stanley, former professional baseball player and 1995 American League All-Star
Arts, entertainment, and civil serviceEdit
- National Park Service (2 November 2013). "National Register Information System – St. Anthony School (#97001171)". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Carter, Calvin (12 March 1986). "St. Anthony School marks 60th year". Sun-Sentinel. p. 3CP. Retrieved 11 December 2018 – via ProQuest. (Subscription required (help)).
- Piland, Sherry; Mattick, Barbara; Shiver, Carl (July 1997). "National Register of Historic Places Inventory/Nomination: St. Anthony School" (pdf). National Park Service."Accompanying 18 photos, from 1996" (pdf). National Register of Historic Places Inventory.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to St. Anthony School (Florida).|
|This article about a property in Broward County, Florida on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Florida school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|