Spyro Reignited Trilogy
Spyro Reignited Trilogy is a platform video game developed by Toys for Bob and published by Activision. It is a collection of remasters of the first three games in the Spyro series: Spyro the Dragon, Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! and Spyro: Year of the Dragon. The game was released for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on November 13, 2018.
|Spyro Reignited Trilogy|
|Developer(s)||Toys for Bob[a]|
|Engine||Unreal Engine 4|
|Release||November 13, 2018|
Spyro Reignited Trilogy is a collection of remasters of the first three games in the Spyro series: Spyro the Dragon, Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! and Spyro: Year of the Dragon; all of which were originally developed by Insomniac Games for the PlayStation and released from 1998 to 2000. It was announced on April 5, 2018, following the release of Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, which was a similar collection of remasters of the first three Crash Bandicoot titles that Activision also published. Eurogamer noted there was a high public demand for Spyro to receive the same treatment after N. Sane Trilogy was released.
Tom Kenny, who voiced Spyro the Dragon in the original Ripto's Rage! and Year of the Dragon, reprised his role in Spyro Reignited Trilogy with re-recorded voice lines, including the first game, in which Spyro was originally voiced by Carlos Alazraqui. Stewart Copeland, the music composer of the three original games, wrote a new main theme for the compilation. His original compositions for the games were remastered by Stephan Vankov, an employee of Toys for Bob, with the game including an option to choose between the two soundtracks. Reignited Trilogy uses the Unreal Engine 4 game engine.
After initially being scheduled for release on September 21, 2018, it was delayed until November 13, 2018. The physical release of Reignited Trilogy contains the full game of Spyro the Dragon, as well as a subset of levels from Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! and Spyro: Year of the Dragon. The remaining levels must be downloaded as part of an in-game update. 
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (February 2019)
A gameplay demo of Spyro Reignited Trilogy was playable at E3 2018. GameSpot noted that while the games were graphically overhauled, the layouts of each level remained the same as in the original games, including the location of enemies and items.
The game reached first place on the UK all-formats sales chart in its first week. While it sold less than Pokémon: Let's Go, it outsold both its Pikachu and Eevee versions individually. It was also the best-selling PlayStation 4 game in its first week in Australia.
The game won the award for "Family/Kids Title of the Year" at the Australian Games Awards, and was nominated for the Freedom Tower Award for Best Remake at the New York Game Awards, and for "Game, Classic Revival" at the National Academy of Video Game Trade Reviewers Awards.
- McWhertor, Michael (April 5, 2018). "Spyro the Dragon remastered trilogy coming to PS4, Xbox One". Polygon. Archived from the original on April 5, 2018. Retrieved April 6, 2018.
- Hood, Vic (August 4, 2017). "Crash Bandcoot N.Sane Trilogy did the business for Activision - and now everyone wants a Spyro remaster next". Eurogamer. Archived from the original on August 7, 2017. Retrieved August 7, 2017.
- Dayus, Oscar (June 12, 2018). "E3 2018: Spyro Reignited Trilogy's First Gameplay Revealed, And It Looks Gorgeous". GameSpot. Archived from the original on June 13, 2018. Retrieved June 13, 2018.
- Kelly, Kevin (April 5, 2018). "Spyro the Dragon is Back in the Spyro Reignited Trilogy". Activision. Archived from the original on April 5, 2018. Retrieved April 5, 2018.
- Makuch, Eddie (April 6, 2018). "Spyro Reignited Trilogy For PS4 And Xbox One Announced [date mislabeled as "June 11, 2018"]". GameSpot. Archived from the original on April 6, 2018. Retrieved April 6, 2018.
- Fogel, Stefanie (July 19, 2018). "The Police's Copeland Composes New 'Spyro' Main Theme". Variety. Retrieved July 20, 2018.
- Fekete, Bob (July 19, 2018). "'Spyro Reignited Trilogy' Features Original Music, New Song From Stewart Copeland". Newsweek. Retrieved July 20, 2018.
- Tailby, Stephen (November 1, 2018). "Spyro: Reignited Trilogy Soundtrack Has Original Composer Stewart Copeland's Blessing". Push Square. Retrieved November 11, 2018.
- Harradence, Mike (November 20, 2018). "Activision responds to Spyro Reignited Trilogy's lack of cutscene subtitles". VideoGamer.com.
- Wallace, Mitch (April 5, 2018). "'Spyro Reignited Trilogy' Officially Glides Onto PS4 And Xbox One This September". Forbes. Archived from the original on April 5, 2018. Retrieved April 5, 2018.
- Makuch, Eddie (August 16, 2018). "Spyro Reignited Trilogy Delayed For PS4 And Xbox One". GameSpot. Retrieved August 17, 2018.
- Dornbush, Jonathon (August 16, 2018). "Spyro Reignited Trilogy Release Date Delayed to November". IGN. Retrieved August 23, 2018.
- Good, Owen S. (August 2, 2018). "Spyro Reignited Trilogy physical copies only have the first game on disc (update)". Polygon. Retrieved August 4, 2018.
- Dornbush, Jonathon (October 29, 2018). "Activision Clarifies Spyro Reignited Trilogy Download Requirements". IGN. Retrieved December 11, 2018.
- "Spyro Reignited Trilogy for PlayStation 4 Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved November 16, 2018.
- "Spyro Reignited Trilogy for Xbox One Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved February 10, 2019.
- Dring, Christopher (November 18, 2018). "Pokémon and Spyro top hyper competitive week at UK games retail". GamesIndustry.biz.
- "Your 2018 Winners". Australian Games Awards. December 19, 2018. Retrieved January 9, 2019.
- Keyes, Rob (January 3, 2019). "2018 New York Game Awards Nominees Revealed". Screen Rant. Retrieved January 9, 2019.
- "Nominee List for 2018". National Academy of Video Game Trade Reviewers. February 11, 2019. Retrieved February 18, 2019.