Spirit Mountain Casino (Oregon)
Spirit Mountain Casino is a Native American casino located in Grand Ronde, Oregon, United States on Oregon Route 18. It is operated by the Confederated Tribes of the Grand Ronde Community of Oregon, and was created to "enhance economic self-sufficiency opportunities for the Confederated Tribes of Grand Ronde, its members and surrounding communities; to promote economic diversification by the Tribes: to support a variety of housing, educational and cultural programs under the direction of Tribal Council". It is the state's busiest tourist attraction, drawing three million visitors a year.
|Spirit Mountain Casino|
|Address||27100 SW Salmon River Hwy|
Grand Ronde, Oregon 97347
|Opening date||October, 1995|
|No. of rooms||254 (14 suites)|
|Total gaming space||90,000 sq ft (8,400 m2)|
|Notable restaurants||Legends Restaurant|
Summit View Lounge
Cedar Plank Buffet
Rock Creek Court Deli
Mount View Sports Bar
|Owner||Confederated Tribes of Grand Ronde|
The casino's amenities include a 254-room hotel, 90,000 square feet (8,400 m2) of gaming floors, five restaurants, live entertainment and other special events. Games include 2000 slot machines, blackjack, craps, poker, pai gow poker, roulette, and keno.
- 2015 Ron White
- 2014 Wanda Sykes, Callaghan, Ashley Monroe, Chicago, Delta Rae, Kellie Pickler, Will Hoge, Herman's Hermits, Bill Engvall, Craig Cambell, Bret Michaels
- 2013 Keith Sweat, Bob Newhart, America, George Lopez, Three Dog Night, The Golden Boys, Kool & The Gang, Ron White, Brian Setzer
- 2012 The Isley Brothers, Tanya Tucker, Lonestar, Randy Travis, Tony Bennett, Don Rickles, Toni Braxton, Boyz II Men, Neil Sedaka, Dana Carvey, Merle Haggard, Smokey Robinson, Bill Engvall, Wanda Sykes, 38 Special, Dennis DeYoung, Boz Scaggs, Sugar Ray, Chris Isaak
Spirit Mountain Community FundEdit
Six percent of the profits from the casino goes to the Spirit Mountain Community Fund (SMCF) and are in turn donated to organizations in western Oregon, an area which includes eleven counties: Clackamas, Multnomah, Washington, Tillamook, Lincoln, Yamhill, Polk, Marion, Benton, Linn, and Lane. Since 1998, the SMCF has also funded the Mark O. Hatfield Fellowship to enable a Native American to serve as a staff member to a member of the U.S. Congressional Delegation from Oregon.
- "Spirit Mountain Casino - The Grand Ronde, Oregon Casino". Spirit Mountain Casino. Retrieved 2006-12-01.
- Spirit Mountain: Casino's odds worry fire chief[permanent dead link], a December 2006 blog entry from The Oregonian newsroom[dead link]
- About the Fund Archived 2012-09-10 at the Wayback Machine from the Spirit Mountain Community Fund website
- Dennis Worden To Work in Congress as Hatfield Fellow, from the Oregon Minority Business website Archived September 27, 2007, at the Wayback Machine
- Spirit Mountain Casino (official website)
- Spirit Mountain Community Fund
- Confederated Tribes of Grand Ronde
- Online Casino In Vietnam