Spire Sports + Entertainment
Spire Sports + Entertainment (SS+E) is an American talent management agency, motorsports consultant and sports ownership firm founded in 2010. SS+E represents drivers, sponsors and teams in NASCAR, IndyCar, and their respective development ladders, as well as music artists. SSE also owns a part of ECHL team Rapid City Rush.
|Ty Norris (President)|
On December 4, 2018 it was announced that SS+E had purchased a charter in order to enter the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series and form its own race team, Spire Motorsports. The team currently fields the No. 77 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 for multiple drivers.
Spire Sports + Entertainment have clients including Kyle Larson, James Hinchcliffe, Landon Cassill, Ross Chastain, Oliver Askew, Todd Gilliland, Justin Haley, Garrett Smithley, Vinnie Miller, Travis Braden, and Cole Rouse. They also have served as official consultants for various sponsors and teams including Hendrick Motorsports, Chip Ganassi Racing, GMS Racing, ThorSport Racing, Larson Marks Racing, 5-hour Energy, Eneos and DC Solar, as well as for Knoxville Raceway.
It was announced on June 28, 2018 that former client Brennan Poole would sue Chip Ganassi Racing and Spire Sports + Entertainment for breach of contract, alleging that CGR and Spire conspired to take away DC Solar's personal sponsorship from Poole and move it to the No. 42 CGR Cup Series team and that Spire's involvement representing both driver and team constituted a conflict of interest. Ganassi and Spire both released statements through attorneys denying the claims, with CGR's statement saying the sponsorship of Poole ended "because he never won a race despite the advantages of the best equipment in the garage." The dispute was settled out of court before the start of 2019, in the aftermath of DC Solar's FBI raid.
- "Rush make major ownership group change". Rapid City Journal. Retrieved 15 January 2019.
- Gluck, Jeff (December 6, 2018). "Explaining the Spire purchase of Furniture Row's charter". JeffGluck.com. Retrieved December 10, 2018.
- Nguyen, Justin (December 5, 2018). "Spire Sports buys Furniture Row charter, to field #77". The Checkered Flag. Retrieved December 4, 2018.
- Seelman, Jacob (December 4, 2018). "Spire Purchases Charter From Furniture Row". Speed Sport. Retrieved December 5, 2018.
- Vincent, Amanda (June 29, 2018). "Brennan Poole sues Chip Ganassi Racing NASCAR team". The Drive. Time Inc. Retrieved December 5, 2018.
- "Brennan Poole files lawsuit against Chip Ganassi Racing". NBC Sports. June 28, 2018. Retrieved December 5, 2018.
- Vincent, Amanda (July 3, 2018). "Chip Ganassi Racing Has Answer for Brennan Pooles Accusations". The Drive. Time Inc. Retrieved December 5, 2018.
- "Brennan Poole sues Chip Ganassi Racing, Spire Sports Agency over sponsorship conspiracy". Autoweek. June 28, 2018. Retrieved December 5, 2018.