Pusat Latihan Peperangan Khusus (PULPAK) (Special Warfare Training Centre), (Jawi: ڤوست لاتيهن ڤڤراڠن خصوص) is one of the Malaysian Army training centers located at the Sungai Udang Camp, Malacca. Primarily task to provide basic commando course and specialised courses and trainings for personnel from Grup Gerak Khas and Malaysian Armed Forces (MAF) (Malay: Angkatan Tentera Malaysia — ATM) Special Units to strengthen the Malaysian defense garrison from enemies and terrorist threats.
|Special Warfare Training Centre|
|Pusat Latihan Peperangan Khusus |
ڤوست لاتيهن ڤڤراڠن خصوص
|Type||Special Operations Training Centre|
|Role||Recruit, assess, select, train and educate Malaysian Army 21 GGK and Malaysia Armed Forces by providing basic and advanced special operations training, education and doctrine.|
|Garrison/HQ||Sungai Udang Camp, Malacca|
|Nickname(s)||"Kilang Gerak Khas"|
(Gerak Khas Factory)
|Colour of Beret||Sherwood Green|
|Commandant||Colonel Rizwan Abdullah|
PULPAK also provide training to personnel from the Royal Malaysia Police, Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency and Special Operations Force from nearby countries including Brunei, Myanmar and Maldives.
PULPAK is administrated by Markas Pemerintahan Latihan dan Doktrin Tentera Darat (MKPL & DTD) (Malaysian Army Training and Doctrine Command — MyTRADOC) and managed by 21 Grup Gerak Khas. PULPAK Technical Control is managed by Sel Operasi Pasukan Khusus (SOPASUS) (Special Forces Operation Cell) at Cawangan Operasi dan Latihan (OPLAT) (Operations and Training Wing) of Markas Tentera Darat (Malaysia Army Command).
Regional political and military developments in Southeast Asia have raised the idea of creating a special training center to train personnel who are experts in their field, especially for the members of the Pasukan Gerak Khas (now known as Grup Gerak Khas). The training center was formed on 1 August 1976 before fully operational on 1 January 1977 as Pusat Latihan Peperangan Khas Angkatan Tentera Malaysia (PLPK ATM) at Sungai Udang Camp, Malacca. Before PLPK establishment, every ATM's special operations forces were trained in specialized course at overseas military school. The rise of the cost to send them overseas is the other reasons for PLPK formation. The basic courses such as Kursus Asas Komando (Basic Commando Course) were conducted by personnel from 1st Gerak Khas Regiment (now known as 21 Grup Gerak Khas) before the formation of PLPK.
In 1985, PLPK ATM changes its name to Pusat Latihan Peperangan Khas Tentera Darat (PLPK TD) when both Royal Malaysian Navy (RMN) and Royal Malaysia Air Force (RMAF) created their own special forces training center at their own bases. PLPK TD once again changed its name in 1995, when the names of all training institutions under Malaysian Army adjusted in line with the establishment of the Pemerintahan Latihan Tentera Darat (Army Training Administration). Now known as Pusat Latihan Peperangan Khusus (PULPAK), it is under the administration of Malaysian Army TRADOC and managed by 21 GGK.
The role of PULPAK is to provide specialised courses and training for all army personnel in accordance with current situation:
- To conduct basic commando training for the Malaysian Army and other services (RMN, RMAF).
- To train personnel of Special Operations Forces as well as other soldiers in specialized training and special operations as required by higher authority.
- To conduct advanced training for Special Operations Forces and army personnel as directed by higher authority.
- To conduct training evaluation test on Special Operations Forces Units.
- To provide observers and qualified instructors for specialized assignments in Special Operations Forces Units.
- To revise and analyze all doctrines pertaining to specialized training and operations.
There are five training wings at PULPAK and each of them conduct different specialised courses.
- Basic Commando Course (Malay: Kursus Asas Komando)
- Sniper Course
- Sniper Supervisor Course
- Mountaineering Course
- Mountaineering Supervisor Course
Special Stratagem WingEdit
- Small Unit Patrol Course
- Patrol Leader Course
- Patrol Sergeant Course
- Patrol Officer Course
- Close Quarter Battle (CQB) Course
- Abseiling Supervisor Course
- Basic Parachute Course (Malay: Kursus Asas Payung Terjun)
- Jumpmaster Course
- Basic Free Fall Course
- Advanced Free Fall Course (HAHO/HALO)
- Static Ramp Air Course
- Parachute Instructor Course (Static Line)
- Parachute Instructor Course (Free Fall)
- Pandura (Pathfinder) Course
- Basic Parachute Rigger & Maintenance Course
- Rigger Inspection & Maintenance
|Colonel Hussin bin Awang Senik,||1 January 1977 – 1 March 1978|
|Colonel Borhan bin Ahmad||1 March 1978 – 1 January 1981|
|Colonel Hasbullah bin Yusof||1 January 1981 – 16 November 1983|
|Colonel Mohd Ramli bin Ismail||16 November 1983 – 16 January 1987|
|Colonel Ghazali bin Ibrahim||16 January 1987 – 16 January 1990|
|Colonel Zainuddin bin Taib||16 January 1990 – 1 August 1991|
|Colonel Ahmad Rodi bin Zakaria||1 August 1991 – 1 May 1995|
|Colonel Mohd Shahrin bin Hj. Abd Majid||1 May 1995 – 16 May 1997|
|Colonel Muhamad Yasin bin Yahya||16 May 1997|
- "'Kilang' lahirkan pasukan elit". Utusan Online. Retrieved 2017-04-05.
- "PULPAK". pulpak.blogspot.my. Retrieved 2017-04-05.
- Masood, Maslinda (April 2005). "Tidur sebantal, mimpi yang sama, itulah wira Gerak Khas - Brig Gen Harun". Berita Tentera Darat Malaysia.
- "SEJARAH CAWANGAN RIGGER". rigger-pulpak.blogspot.my. Retrieved 2017-04-06.
- "HRH Crown Prince of Johor's 8 Years of Military Training". johorsoutherntigers.com.