In Spannabis you can find products related to the hemp plant, its industrial uses - cosmetics, footwear, textiles, building materials, food -, crops -bonds, seeds, farming systems, etc.-, recreational consumption and use as phytotherapy. In addition, lectures are given during the conference to discuss topics such as its use in herbal medicine, research on its active ingredients, cultivation and consumption, and risk reduction.
At the beginning of the year 2001, a group of Spanish businessmen decided to adopt the idea of other fairs about hemp that were held in Europe. For several months they were looking for the site that hosted a contest of this type, seeking political support and the uncertainty of facing impediments to be a fair on a controversial plant.
In 2002, the first Spannabis was held at the Palau Sant Jordi. The second edition of Spannabis was held at the Fira de Cornellá, where it has been held ever since.
During the following editions, Spannabis was consolidated and the exhibition space has been extended to reach 13,000 m2 until 2015 and in 2017 it has been expanded to reach 18,000 m2. There were 35,000 visitors in 2014 and 30,000 visitors in 2017 and 2018. In 2019 there were 282 companies represented.  In 2019 an American group will buy cannabis magazine High Times and the Spanish fair Spannabis for 7 million Euros. The 6th edition of the World Cannabis Conferences took place on the Cannabis in 2019.
- Spannabis: Feria del Cannabis en Barcelona y, diaridetarragona.com, 9 March 2018
- 'Spannabis 2017 review. Europe's biggest cannabis show, dutch-passion.com, 17 March 2017
- Bishop, Greg. "Ricky Williams Takes the High Road". Sports Illustrated. Retrieved April 24, 2017.
- Senatori Pdl a ministro Frattini: "Vergognosa fiera della cannabis a Barcellona dal 25 al 27 febbraio", sostanze.info, 22 February 2011
- Spannabis 2015 in Barcelona Spain, marijuanagames.org, 28 January 2015
- La feria cannábica Spannabis crece y espera unos 30.000 visitantes en Cornellà, La Vanguardia, 10 March 2017
- Barcelona – Die Haupstadt der Hanf-Renaissance in Spanien, thcene 3/2014
- [http://www.hydrogarden.com/news/1231-spannabis-2018-review Spannabis 2018 Review ], hydrogarden.com, March 2018
- Barcelone attend Spannabis festival de Cannabis, L'Indépendant, 14 January 2019
- Economía: Un grupo estadounidense comprará Cannabis Magazine y la feria española Spannabis por 7 millones, eldiario.es, 22. Januar 2019
- High Times to acquire Spannabis – Europe largest Cannabis Event. In: High Times. 21. Januar 2019.
- Spannabis 2019, la feria comercial del cáñamo más importante de Europa, lamarihuana.com, 11. Dezember 2018
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Spannabis.|