Spaceship Records (also known as Spaceship Entertainment or Spaceship), is a Nigerian based record label founded by recording artist Burna Boy, as a flagship of Spaceship Collective. The label was launched in 2015, and is home to recording acts, Nissi, and Burna Boy. It also houses producer LeriQ, and Telz. Artists formerly signed to the label, include Buju.
|Parent company||Spaceship Collective|
|Founded||18 February 2015|
|Country of origin||Nigeria|
Spaceship Entertainment, was founded on 18 February 2015 by Burna Boy. In 2020, it began to operate under the name Spaceship Records. The record label, was relaunched under Spaceship Collective, and currently holds the highest share in the company. Spaceship was established following Burna Boy's departure from Aristokrat Records, a record label owned by Piriye Isokrari.
Buju's departure surfaced after his one years deal with Spaceship expired in April 2021, during his stay with the label, he released and promoted, various singles with Spaceship including "Lenu (remix)" with Burna Boy, and "So Lonely".
Spaceship was nominated for Record Label of the Year at The Beatz Awards 2019.
|Year||Awards ceremony||Award description(s)||Results|
|2019||The Beatz Awards||Record Label of the Year||Nominated|
- Current acts
- Former acts
- Current producers
|Burna Boy||On a Spaceship||
|Twice as Tall||
- "Burna Boy Floats SpaceShip Entertainment". P.M. News. 27 February 2015. Retrieved 28 July 2021.
- "A New Record Label & A New Single for Burna Boy | Listen to 'Rockstar'". BellaNaija. 19 January 2015. Retrieved 28 July 2021.
- "LeriQ Signs To Burna Boy's Spaceship Entertainment". NotjustOk. 21 April 2020. Retrieved 28 July 2021.
- "Buju signs to Spaceship Records, accompanied by Burna Boy-assisted L'Enu Remix". The NATIVE. 16 April 2020. Retrieved 28 July 2021.
- "Buju exits Burna Boy's label". The Nation News Nigeria. 5 June 2021. Retrieved 28 July 2021.
- "Rexxie, Johnny Drille lead with 4 nominations each for The Beatz Awards 2019". Pulse Nigeria. 17 October 2019. Retrieved 28 July 2021.