Space War is a video game cartridge released by Atari, Inc. in 1978 for the Atari Video Computer System (renamed to the Atari 2600 in 1982). The game is a version of Spacewar!, the 1962 computer game by Steve Russell. It was released by Sears as Space Combat, for its Atari compatible Tele-Games system. An Atari Lynx update was planned but never released.
The cartridge includes 17 game variations. Variations 1–13 are duels between two ships and 14 to 17 are for one player. In some of the variations the ships fight near a planet which has gravitational attraction.
- Space War at GameFAQs
- Hague, James. "The Giant List of Classic Game Programmers".
- http://www.mobygames.com/game/atari-2600/space-war/trivia Moby Games. "Game Trivia for Space War," (retrieved on March 9th, 2009).
- "Atari 2600 Space War". AtariAge.
- "Reportaje - Lynx - La mejor portátil que Atari no supo vender". Última Generación (in Spanish). No. 6. MV Editores. September 1995. pp. 68–73.
- "Все игры » Atari Lynx » Space War (Beta)". tv-games.ru (in Russian). Archived from the original on 2018-08-12. Retrieved 2019-04-21.
- http://www.atariage.com/box_page.html?SoftwareLabelID=470 Atari Age. "Atari 2600 Boxes - Space War," (retrieved on March 9, 2009).
- Space War at Atari Mania