Space Chimps 2: Zartog Strikes Back
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Space Chimps 2: Zartog Strikes Back is a 2010 American direct-to-video 3D computer-animated comic science fiction film, produced by Vanguard Animation. It is the sequel to Space Chimps (2008), the animated film was directed and produced by John H. Williams and written by Rob Moreland.
|Space Chimps 2: Zartog Strikes Back|
|Directed by||John H. Williams|
|Produced by||John H. Williams|
|Written by||Rob Moreland|
|Edited by||Eric Lake|
|Box office||$4.1 million|
Zack Shada, Carlos Alazraqui, Cheryl Hines, Patrick Warburton, Stanley Tucci, Patrick Breen, Omid Abtahi and Jane Lynch reprise their roles from the previous film; Andy Samberg, Jeff Daniels, and Kristin Chenoweth were replaced by Tom Kenny, John DiMaggio, and Laura Bailey, respectively.
Space Chimps 2 takes place awhile after the first film. It follows Comet (Zack Shada), the computer-savvy chimp, who wants to be taken as a full-fledged space chimp, but Ham (Tom Kenny), Luna (Cheryl Hines) and the others don't take him seriously. However, Comet finds out that he was deleted from the last space mission, because of budget cuts.
Comet interferes with the controls on the rocket, accidentally launching the ship into space. Comet lands on Planet Malgor, where he meets Ham’s alien friend, Kilowatt (Laura Bailey), for the first time, and gets respect from the residents there.
However, back on Earth, Zartog (John DiMaggio), the villain from the first film, sneaks in, and takes over Mission Control, with a remote that vaporizes objects and zaps the three scientists, Dr. Bob (Patrick Breen), Dr. Jagu (Omid Abtahi) and Dr. Poole (Jane Lynch) out of existence.
Zartog wants to get revenge on Ham for foiling his plans, and encounters an oblivious Titan (Patrick Warburton) who gives him a tour of Mission Control.
Comet, accompanied by Kilowatt, return to Earth, while Ham evades Zartog, on a jetpack. While Zartog’s distracted, Comet manages to steal the remote back, and rewires it to bring the scientists back, and shrink Zartog; Zartog escapes, while the others laugh. The film ends with Zartog running from a dog he harassed earlier.
- Zack Shada as Comet
- Laura Bailey as Kilowatt, Computer Voice, Instar Receptionist, Girl Reporter
- Carlos Alazraqui as Houston, Piddles the Camera Guy
- Tom Kenny as Ham III, Reporter #1
- Cheryl Hines as Luna
- Patrick Warburton as Titan
- John DiMaggio as Zartog
- Stanley Tucci as Senator
- Patrick Breen as Dr. Bob
- Omid Abtahi as Dr. Jagu, Reporter #2
- Jane Lynch as Dr. Poole
Entertainment Film Distributors released the film to cinemas in the United Kingdom on May 28, 2010, while 20th Century Fox released it in the United States on October 5, 2010. Space Chimps 2 grossed $4,124,518.
Space Chimps 2: Zartog Strikes Back is the second Vanguard Animation film that had a sequel film. The film was released on DVD on September 27, 2010, in 3D, along with the double feature pack, with both films, in the United Kingdom. The film originally opened on #7, in the United Kingdom, on the release weekend.
- "Space Chimps 2: Zartog Strikes Back". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved June 14, 2010.
- Russell, Jamie. "Space Chimps 2: Zartog Strikes Back". Radio Times. Retrieved March 23, 2016.
- Jones, Preston (November 4, 2010). "Space Chimps 2: Zartog Strikes Back". DVD Talk. Retrieved March 23, 2016.
- "Historical U.K. Weekend Box Office 28th May 2010 - 30th May 2010". www.25thframe.co.uk. 30 May 2010. Retrieved 24 September 2020.
- "Space Chimps 2: Zartog Strikes Back (2010)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved August 7, 2013.