People's Will (parliamentary group)(Redirected from Sovereign European Ukraine)
People's Will (Ukrainian: Воля народу), formerly known as Sovereign European Ukraine (Ukrainian: Соборна європейська Україна), is a Ukrainian parliamentary faction in its national parliament Verkhovna Rada.
|Founded||February 27, 2014|
|Headquarters||Verkhovna Rada, Kiev, Ukraine|
18 / 450
Sovereign European UkraineEdit
The faction Sovereign European Ukraine was founded on 27 February 2014. It was founded by MP Ihor Yeremeyev who had till then had not been a member of any faction. The group included 35 MPs. Most of them had been, like Yeremeyev, unaffiliated. According to Yeremeyev not wanting a ministerial post had been one of the proviso to join the faction when it was established.
On its first day the faction with 250 other MPs sign up to join the coalition supporting the Yatsenyuk Government with the Batkivshchyna, UDAR, Svoboda factions and the Economic Development faction and other MPs.
The parliamentary group was revived after the 2014 parliamentary elections in Ukraine by Yeremeyev; but was renamed "People's Will". The new leader of the parliamentary group was again Yeremeyev. Its initial strength was 20 MPs. Late October 2016 the group counted 19 MPs.
|February 2014||formed during legislative period||
35 / 450
19 / 450
- (in Ukrainian) Депутатські фракції і групи VII скликання Deputy fractions and Groups VII convocation, Verkhovna Rada
- (in Ukrainian) In the Council, a new group of 37 MPs, Ukrayinska Pravda (27 February 2014)
- (in Ukrainian) Yeremeyev: independent group formed "Sovereign European Ukraine" Archived 2014-10-30 at the Wayback Machine, TVi (channel) (27 February 2014)
- (in Ukrainian) In Rada "Sovereign European Ukraine" created, RBC Ukraine (27 February 2014)
- 250 MPs sign up to join coalition - Turchynov, Interfax-Ukraine (27 February 2014)
- (in Ukrainian) In Rada "Sovereign European Ukraine" created, Korrespondent.net (27 February 2014)
- (in Ukrainian) In Parliament created a faction, Ukrayinska Pravda (27 November 2014)
- MP Yeremeyev who fell from horse taken to European hospital - press service, Interfax-Ukraine(29 July 2015)
- (in Ukrainian) Dynamics in People's Will - VIII convocation, Verkhovna Rada
- (in Ukrainian) The "Will of the people" told when parliamentary group cease to exist, Ukrayinska Pravda (25 October 2016)