South Point 400
The South Point 400 is a stock car race held annually at Las Vegas Motor Speedway in Las Vegas, Nevada, with the other one being the Pennzoil 400, The race is held on the third weekend of September and is the first race of the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series playoffs, in the Round of 16.
|Venue||Las Vegas Motor Speedway|
|Location||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Corporate sponsor||South Point Hotel, Casino & Spa|
|Distance||400.5 miles (644.5 km)|
|Laps||267 (Stage 1: 80|
Stage 2: 80
Stage 3: 107)
|Length||1.5 mi (2.4 km)|
The fall race at Las Vegas will become the first race of the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series playoffs to replace Chicagoland Speedway, which will move back to July. The South Point Hotel, Casino & Spa, owned by Semi-retired NASCAR driver Brendan Gaughan's father and LVMS partner Michael, became the title sponsor of the race.
The 2019 race will be moved to prime-time
|Year||Date||No.||Driver||Team||Manufacturer||Race Distance||Race Time||Average Speed
|2018||September 16||2||Brad Keselowski||Team Penske||Ford||272*||408 (656.612)||3:28:15||111.849||Report|
- 2018 Race extended due to a NASCAR Overtime finish.
|# Wins||Manufacturer||Years Won|
|2018||NBCSN||Rick Allen||Jeff Burton|
Dale Earnhardt Jr.
- Cain, Holly. "Playoff makeover, Daytona's return to history highlight 2018 NASCAR schedule". NASCAR.com. NASCAR Media Group. Retrieved 23 May 2017.
- Utter, Jim. "Big changes coming to 2018 NASCAR Cup schedule". Motorsport.com. NASCAR Media Group. Retrieved 19 May 2017.
- Hildebrand, Brian (June 26, 2008). "Take Five: Brendan Gaughan". Las Vegas Sun. Retrieved November 28, 2017.
- Dansby, Kel (November 28, 2017). "South Point hotel-casino sponsors 2018 NASCAR Cup playoff race". KTNV-TV. Retrieved November 28, 2017.
Big Machine Vodka 400
|Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series
South Point 400
Federated Auto Parts 400