Sophie Meunier (born c. 1967 in France) is a Research Scholar in Public and International Affairs at Princeton University's Woodrow Wilson School and the Co-Director of the European Union Program at Princeton. A Franco-American political scientist, she is an expert in European integration, the politics of European trade policy, and the politics of anti-Americanism.
Her first book, The French Challenge: Adapting to Globalization (Brookings Institution Press, 2001), co-written with Philip Gordon, won the 2002 France-Ameriques Book Award. Paul Krugman called it "a terrific book, especially for those of us who were wondering how France manages to thrive in the very global economy it denounces". Her second book, Trading Voices: The European Union in International Commercial Negotiations (Princeton University Press, 2005), has been praised by Pascal Lamy as "the first authoritative study of the trade policy of the European Union".
She is an elected member of the Executive Committee of the Council for European Studies, the leading academic organization for the study of Europe, with a membership of more than 100 institutions and 1,000 individuals. She was the co-Chair of the 2010 Conference Program Committee of the Council for European Studies in Montreal, April 15–17, 2010. She was also elected on the board of the European Union Studies Association (2003–2007) and was secretary of this association (2005–2007).
She received her BA in Political Science from Sciences Po Paris and her Ph.D. in Political Science from M.I.T. She was named Chevalier de l'Ordre des Palmes Academiques by the French government in 2011  and currently resides in Princeton, New Jersey.
- The French Challenge: Adapting to Globalization (with Philip Gordon). Brookings Institution Press, 2001.
- Le Nouveau defi francais: la France face a la mondialisation (avec Philip Gordon). Editions Odile Jacob, 2002.
- Trading Voices: The European Union in International Commercial Negotiations. Princeton University Press, 2005.
- L'Union fait la force: l'Europe dans les négociations commerciales internationales. Presses de Sciences Po, 2005.
- Making History: European Integration and Institutional Change at Fifty (edited with Kathleen McNamara). Oxford University Press, 2007.
- Europe and the Management of Globalization (edited with Wade Jacoby). Routledge, 2010.
- Le Monde des Livres, 13 September 2002
- The French Challenge, Brookings Institution Press, 2001, Back cover
- https://foreignpolicy.com/users/login.php?story_id=2590&URL=https://foreignpolicy.com/story/cms.php?story_id=2590[permanent dead link]
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-05-31. Retrieved 2011-12-25.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)