Sonus is a Latin word that means “noise, sound” or “tone, character, style.” It is also the root word for sonic and sound and was included in the names of well-known companies, including Sonus Networks, Sony and Panasonic, among others.
The name may also refer to:
- Sonus Networks, was a technology and telecommunications company headquartered in Massachusetts, merged into Ribbon Communications
- SONUS, the online jukebox of electroacoustic works maintained by the Canadian Electroacoustic Community
- Sonus, a popular line of electric bass guitars produced by Zon Guitars
- Sonar, an underwater device which emits a ping and is used in submarine warfare.
- Sonus (journal)
- Sonus choir in Nashville, Tennessee
- Sonus-kuoro, choir in Kouvola, Finland
- Sonus, orchestra in Stockholm, Sweden