Something to Be Proud Of
"Something to Be Proud Of" is a song written by Jeffrey Steele and Chris Wallin, and recorded by American country music duo Montgomery Gentry. It was released in May 2005 as the fourth and final single from their album You Do Your Thing. The song reached the top of the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart on October 8, 2005.
|"Something to Be Proud Of"|
|Single by Montgomery Gentry|
|from the album You Do Your Thing|
|Released||May 9, 2005|
|Songwriter(s)||Jeffrey Steele |
|Montgomery Gentry singles chronology|
"Something to Be Proud Of" debuted at number 56 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs for the week of May 21, 2005. It spent two weeks at number 1, making it the first single from Columbia Records Nashville to spend more than one week at the top since "Daddy's Money" by Ricochet in 1996. The song has sold 579,000 copies in the United States as of September 2017.
The music video was directed by Wes Edwards and released on July 5, 2005.
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|US Billboard Hot 100||41|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||17|
- You Do Your Thing (CD booklet). Montgomery Gentry. Columbia Records. 2004. pp. 4–5. 90558.CS1 maint: others (link)
- Randall, Alice; Carter Little; Courtney Little (2006). My Country Roots: The Ultimate MP3 Guide to America's Original Outsider Music. Thomas Nelson, Inc. p. 92. ISBN 1-59555-860-8.
- Coyne, Kevin John (2005-05-21). "Montgomery Gentry - "Something to Be Proud Of"". Country Universe. Retrieved 2010-06-17.
- Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. p. 61. ISSN 0006-2510. Retrieved 2015-04-13.
- Bjorke, Matt (September 18, 2017). "Top 30 Digital Country Singles Sales Chart: September 18, 2017". Roughstock.
- "Montgomery Gentry Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard.
- "Montgomery Gentry Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Best of 2005: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2005. Retrieved 2012-06-16.