Society Awards is an American company best known for its YouTube awards and manufacturing of high-profile entertainment industry awards, including the Emmy Award, Golden Globe Award, and GLAAD Media Award, among others.
|Industry||Custom design and manufacture|
|Headquarters||254 W 31st St, Fl 14, |
|Products||Sculpture, awards, executive gifts, trophy|
Society Awards was founded in 2007 by entrepreneur David Moritz, and is headquartered in New York City and Grove, OK. An attorney by training, Moritz is a serial entrepreneur who launched Viceroy Creative, a full service luxury brand agency.
Society Awards clients include televised entertainment programs, charitable organizations, Fortune 500 corporations, film festivals, and luxury brands. The company has done projects for companies and brands ranging from MTV to YouTube, John Varvatos, and Jeff Koons.
Society Awards is responsible for the design and manufacturing of the statuettes for numerous entertainment industry awards, including the Emmy Award, Golden Globe Award GLAAD Media Award, Academy of Country Music Award, American Music Award, YouTube Creator Awards, BET Awards, Billboard Music Award, Council of Fashion Designers of America Award, MTV Movie Award, MTV Video Music Award, Dancing with the Stars trophy, and the MARCOM AWARDS (The Annual Award for Marketing and Communication Professionals), among others.
In 2013, Society Awards designed the first ever trophy for The Voice. That same year, the company also manufactured a bottle stopper as part of limited edition packaging for Patrón in its collaboration with David Yurman.
The Society Awards offices are located in New York City directly south of Madison Garden and Penn Station. The company does much of the trophy and award customizing in a 40,000 square foot production facility in Grove, OK.
- Kadet, Anne. "New York City: Trophy Central". www.wsj.com.
- "Excited for the 75th Golden Globe Awards? Here's how the shiny statuettes are made". Today.com. 2018-01-05. Retrieved 2019-01-10.
- "Viceroy Creative".
- "STATUE - Carpetbagger Blog - NYTimes.com". Carpetbagger.blogs.nytimes.com. 2009-01-11. Retrieved 2012-08-27.
- Kissell, Rick (2009-03-29). "20th Annual GLAAD Media Awards". Variety. Retrieved 2011-06-04.
- "20th Annual GLAAD Media Awards in NYC Wrap-Up". GLAAD. Retrieved 2012-08-27.
- Rivera, Zayda. "'The Voice' Season 4 Finale: Danielle Bradbery wins". www.nydailynews.com. Retrieved 30 June 2014.
- "Patron Anejo Adorned with David Yurman Limited Edition Bottle Stopper". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 30 June 2014.
|This article about an entertainment company in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United States manufacturing company–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|