Socialphobia (Korean: 소셜포비아; RR: Sosyeolpobia) is a 2015 South Korean thriller/drama film starring Byun Yo-han and Lee Joo-seung. It was co-written and directed by Hong Seok-jae in his directorial debut, based on a real-life story that explores the social issues within internet culture among the Korean youth of the 21st century.
|Directed by||Hong Seok-jae|
|Produced by||Yu Yeong-sik |
|Written by||Hong Seok-jae |
|Starring||Byun Yo-han |
|Music by||Kim Hae-won|
|Edited by||Park Min-seon|
|Distributed by||CJ Entertainment|
|Box office||US$1.8 million|
A group of youngsters investigate a girl who died after being targeted in a witch-hunt on social networking sites, in an attempt to determine whether her death was suicide or murder. A member of the group at first becomes suspect but later the death was proven as a suicide. The film explores internet addiction, cyber bullying, social phobia and lack of morale - self-esteem among youngsters.
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2014||40th Seoul Independent Film Festival||Independent Star Award||Byun Yo-han||Won|
|19th Busan International Film Festival||NETPAC Award||Socialphobia||Won|
|DGK Award for Best Director||Hong Seok-jae||Won|
|2015||51st Paeksang Arts Awards||Best New Director (Film)||Hong Seok-jae||Nominated|
|Best New Actor (Film)||Byun Yo-han||Nominated|
|24th Buil Film Awards||Best New Director||Hong Seok-jae||Won|
|Best New Actor||Byun Yo-han||Won|
|36th Blue Dragon Film Awards||Best New Director||Hong Seok-jae||Nominated|
|Best New Actor||Byun Yo-han||Nominated|
|2016||3rd Wildflower Film Awards||Best Actor||Lee Joo-seung||Nominated|
|Best New Director (Narrative Films)||Hong Seok-jae||Won|
|Best New Actor||Ryu Jun-yeol||Nominated|
|21st Chunsa Film Art Awards||Best New Director||Hong Seok-jae||Won|
- Kim, Hyun-soo (23 March 2015). "BYUN Yo-han of SOCIALPHOBIA: A Star That Shines Brighter on Set". Korean Film Biz Zone. Retrieved 2015-10-14.
- Kim, Hyun-soo (3 November 2014). "Director HONG Seok-jae of Socialphobia: "I became more negative about social networks"". Korean Film Biz Zone. Retrieved 2015-10-14.
- Kim, Hyun-soo (31 March 2015). "Director of Socialphobia, HONG Seok-jae: "Social media will continue to produce scapegoats"". Korean Film Biz Zone. Retrieved 2015-10-14.
- Lee, Ji-young (9 March 2015). "In Focus: Socialphobia". Korean Film Biz Zone. Retrieved 2015-10-14.
- Sunwoo, Carla (5 March 2015). "Socialphobia taps into dark side of Internet". Korea Joongang Daily. Retrieved 2015-10-14.
- "New Film Expected to Set Indie Box-Office Record". The Chosun Ilbo. 17 March 2015. Retrieved 2015-11-12.
- Lee, Yu-jin (31 March 2015). "SOCIALPHOBIA Number One at Alternative Box Office". Korean Film Biz Zone. Retrieved 2015-10-14.