Social services are a range of public services provided by the government, private, and non-profit organizations. These public services aim to create more effective organizations, build stronger communities, and promote equality and opportunity.
Social services include the benefits and facilities such as education, food subsidies, health care, police, fire service, job training and subsidized housing, adoption, community management, policy research, and lobbying.
- Human services
- Australian referendum, 1946 (Social Services)
- Department of Social Services
- Department for Communities and Local Government (UK)
- Emergency Social Services
- International Social Services
- Ministry of Community and Social Services (Ontario)
- New York State Social Services Department
- Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government (UK)
- Social Welfare (constituency)
- "Making a Difference: Community Practice for Social Change". Case Western Reserve University. Retrieved 23 October 2014.
- In Chelsea, coalition aims to save lives on verge of unraveling - article on "Hub model" of social service coordination
|This government-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|