Slow, Deep and Hard
|Slow, Deep and Hard|
|Studio album by|
|Released||June 16, 1991|
|Recorded||Systems Two, Brooklyn, NY, 1989|
|Genre||Gothic metal, doom metal, crossover thrash|
|Type O Negative chronology|
The album, originally titled None More Negative and released in 1990 under the group's former name Repulsion, launched the band's career. The album has a rawness that was prominent in Peter Steele's previous band, Carnivore, but it incorporates elements that became standard for Type O Negative, merging styles including doom metal, gothic rock, new wave and industrial music. Slow, Deep and Hard is a semi-autobiographical album with heavy amounts of black humor, based on a failed relationship in which the vocalist/bass guitarist Peter Steele was involved. In keeping with the band's notable humor, the album's cover artwork is a blurred image of sexual penetration.
All lyrics and music by Peter Steele, unless noted.
|1.||"Unsuccessfully Coping with the Natural Beauty of Infidelity
|3.||"Xero Tolerance (includes samples from J.S. Bach)
|4.||"Prelude to Agony
|5.||"Glass Walls of Limbo (Dance Mix)"||6:41|
|6.||"The Misinterpretation of Silence and its Disastrous Consequences
|7.||"Gravitational Constant: G = 6.67 × 10−8 cm−3 gm−1 sec−2||9:14|
- Peter Steele – lead vocals, bass
- Kenny Hickey – guitars, backing vocals
- Josh Silver – keyboards, backing vocals, sound effects
- Sal Abruscato – drums
- The Bensonhoist Lesbian Choir (actually the band members themselves) – backing vocals
- Michael Marciano - engineering
- Michael Sarsfield - mastering
- Huey, Steve. "Slow, Deep and Hard". Allmusic. Retrieved January 19, 2014.
- Christgau, Robert. "Type O Negative". Robert Christgau.com. Retrieved January 19, 2014.
- "Type O Negative - Slow, Deep And Hard" (in German). metal.de. April 1, 2010. Retrieved October 3, 2017.
- Harqy (March 28, 2000). "recenzja: Type O Negative 'Slow Deep And Hard'" (in Polish). rockmetal.pl. Retrieved October 3, 2017.
- Garry Sharpe-Young (2007). Metal: The Definitive Guide. p. 293.
- Peter Steele "It's a close-up of a penis going into a vagina." (1993). "Interview with WFWM Radio".
- "Roadrunner: "Slow, Deep And Hard (Re-mastered)" - Type O Negative". Roadrunner Records. Archived from the original on July 13, 2010. Retrieved February 14, 2010. Cite uses deprecated parameter