This article is missing information about history.(November 2019)
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (November 2019)
A slingback is a type of woman's footwear characterized by an ankle strap that crosses only around the back and sides of the ankle and heel, whereas a typical strap completely encircles the ankle all the way around it. It typically has a low vamp front similar to that of classic full shoe heels.
Slingbacks can be considered a type of sandal and come in a wide variety of styles from casual to dressy, with heel heights ranging from flat to medium and sometimes high, heel types ranging from as thin as a stiletto to as thick as wedges and they can be both closed or open-toe.
Slingback straps are usually adjustable through a buckle or an elastic segment, allowing the wearer to slip their foot into the sandal easily without the need to make further (or any) manual adjustment to the strap or buckle, while still holding the foot in the sandal relatively securely. The buckle can be made of metal, plastic, or even sometimes stone.
- Design Museum Enterprise Limited (5 October 2009). Fifty Shoes that Changed the World: Design Museum Fifty. Octopus. ISBN 9781840915891 – via Google Books.
- "Why We Are Wearing Leggings Outside Of The Gym". Vogue.
- Carballo, Charlie (10 March 2017). "Dita Von Teese Rocked Strappy Louboutins for Hermès DWNTWNMEN Los Angeles". Footwear News.
- "Melanie Griffith sparkles in a figure hugging dress on the red carpet - Starts at 60". startsat60.com. 12 December 2016.
- Turner, Krissy (1 March 2017). "What the best dressed wore in Milan (and how to steal their style)". Daily Telegraph.
- Costello, Jane (14 April 2011). Girl on the Run. Simon and Schuster. ISBN 9781849832700 – via Google Books.
- The Fashion Book. Dorling Kindersley. 2014. p. 148. ISBN 9780241187876. Retrieved 24 March 2017.
- Galway, Gretchen (8 January 2015). Not Quite Perfect (Romantic Comedy): Oakland Hills #3. Eton Field. ISBN 9781939872098 – via Google Books.
- McKinley, Hannah Weil. "The Classic Chanel Piece That's Becoming a Modern Must Have". Pop Sugar. Retrieved 24 March 2017.
- Prescod, Danielle (Sep 22, 2015). "3 Ways to Wear the Unofficial Shoe of Fall: The Revamped Chanel Slingback". InStyle. Retrieved 24 March 2017.