Slaves in their bonds or Slaves in their chains (Greek:Σκλάβοι στα δεσμά τους) is a novel of Konstantinos Theotokis, written in 1922. It was Theotokis's last novel. The novel was adapted for cinema in 2008, directed by Adonis Lykouresis. It also adapted for TV in 1981, but the TV series is never played because of the rise to power of the Panhellenic Socialist Movement in the same year.
The story takes place in Corfu at the beginning of 20th century. The head of the decadent, aristocratic family of Ophiomachus forced to marry his daughter to the successful doctor and candidate deputy Aristeidis Steriotis, in order to deal with their financial difficulties. However his daughter is in love with the young scholar Alkis Sozomenos. Ultimately their expectations are not fulfilled.
- Encyclopedia of Modern Greek literature. Greenwood. p. 428. ISBN 978-0313308130.
- "Σκλάβοι στα δεσμά τους". myfilm.gr. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- Σκλάβοι στα δεσμά τους (1981): Η τηλεοπτική σειρά που δεν προβλήθηκε ποτέ (in Greek). corfuland.gr. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- Οι σειρές που έκοψε το ΠΑΣΟΚ το 1981 (in Greek). lifo.gr. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- Σκλάβοι στα Δεσμά τους (in Greek). athinorama.gr. Retrieved 13 April 2014.