SkiStar AB (marketed as skistar) is a Swedish leisure, tourism, property and retail company, listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange. The core business is alpine skiing in Sweden and Norway, and the associated accommodation, ski schools and rental services.
The company has property development and management divisions, for example it is part-owner of the planned Scandinavian Mountains Airport in Dalarna. The company also supplies ski infrastructure to other operators, for example it installed the ski lifts at Nätschen, Switzerland.
Skistar operates SkiStarshop Concept Store, a chain of retail outlets selling mainly winter sport-related clothing and equipment, and an associated online shop skistarshop.com.
From its foundation in 1975 until 2001 the company was called Sälenstjärnan AB.
SkiStar owns several European ski resorts:
- Sälen, Dalarna, Sweden (head office)
- Lindvallen, Högfjället, Tandådalen and Hundfjället
- Vemdalen, Jämtland, Sweden
- Björnrike, Vemdalsskalet and Klövsjö/Storhogna
- Åre, Jämtland, Sweden
- Duved, Åre By and Björnen
- Trysil, Hedmark, Norway
- Høgegga, Skihytta, Trysil Turistsenter and Trysil Høyfjellssenter
- Hemsedal, Buskerud, Norway
- Hammarbybacken, Stockholm, Sweden
- St. Johann in Tirol, Austria
SkiStar has several subsidiary companies, including:
- Fjällinvest AB, wholly owned Swedish property development company
- Fjellinvest Norge AS, wholly owned Norwegian property development company
- Sälens Högfjällshotell AB
- Tandådalens Fjällhotell Service AB
- Åre Invest AB
- "About the company". Financial Times. Retrieved 23 September 2016.